• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach's new Musik Express "Polar Express" was looking complete yesterday when I took a walk past.

1707250401637.jpeg

This is the ride that was supposed to be installed last year but due to manufacturing delays at SBF Visa the delivery was delayed.

They've also teased the possibility of another new ride but no sign of any information on it.

Seems a newer model its on its way in... I wasnt much a fan of the one going so I guess it will be similar size that's replacing it.

Good to see yet more investment going in.

Source GYPB official Facebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240319_222533_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240319_222533_Facebook.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 50
Had a visit to Pleasure Beach Resort..... sorry , I mean Great Yarmouth Pleasure beach, on Easter Sunday.

Not been for a few years and it was nice to get back to this great little amusement park.

Unlike another Pleasure Beach I could mention, this place never seems to stand still, they are constantly refreshing the ride line up on what seems like a yearly basis. I hadn't been since the pendulum ride was added so did that for the first time. Quite intense but fun.

There is a new full size pirate ship for this year, replacing the junior one they had before. You can't beat a good pirate ship ride.

Excellent food offering in the on site pub (which possibly used to be the old ticket office) . The usual theme park food, plus paninis, jacket potatoes, home made chilli, sandwiches and cakes.

There were 3 rides closed for maintenance but there were signs outside each of them stating this. There were actually people working on them too, and one did eventually open later in the day.

It was a windy day and the spinning coaster started the day closed because of the high winds, but they kept on testing and it eventually opened with it needing a full car of four people to send round. Great to see them putting the effort in to get the ride running instead of just abandoning it for the day.

Dark rides had all effects working as far as I could tell. All cars working on the dodgems. Friendly staff, especially the guy on the ghost train who kept up his cackle all the time we were there, before sending each car off.

So despite the not so great weather we had a very enjoyable few hours on the park and got about 16 rides in before heading up the road to Joyland for the tub twist and snail ride.

Decent value too. We paid £26 on the gate. It was £24 in advance so they clearly don't want to put off walk up trade by inflating the gate price too much. Plenty of people using the PPR (Funcard) option (minimum £5 purchase). Most rides are still between £2 to £4, with the wooden rollercoaster £5. So it's a good hybrid system they have.

If anyone from Blackpool Pleasure Beach reads this, then I would suggest taking a visit to Great Yarmouth to see how to run a profitable amusement park. (And yes it does generally make a profit)

Before anyone replies saying that Blackpool is a much bigger park and a completely different animal.... Poppycock.... They are both amusement parks with a similar audience and plenty of walk up trade.

Anyway, I couldn't fault my time at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and hopefully will be back in a couple of years to see what else they add.

It's worth mentioning the former log flume site. It is huge, so they could add something pretty decent on there if they have the finances to do it. I really hope they take a gamble on a good coaster.