• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

According to this, it sounds like the Looping Star (Pinfari) or Toboggan (Chance Rides) I remember them both.

https://coasterpedia.net/wiki/Great_Yarmouth_Pleasure_Beach
Both rides are posted in the brochure, Looping Star in a wide shot at night - so I don't think it's supposed to be that.

Have posted here - https://www.themepark.org.uk/the-carousel/great-yarmouth-pleasure-beach-guide-1994/

I always forget about that chance toboggan. It really was the worst, wasn't it? Smashing your head against the roof of a postman pat van. Class.
They are pretty unforgiving rides!

Just leafing through another box of 'junk' (her words, not mine).

In the 1994 leaflet for GY Pleasure Beach, one of the main photos is a four car Schwarzkopf Speed Racer type train. I don't recall anything of that type at the park back then, nor is anything listed on RCDB. Anyone got any clues? Stock image? Cancelled project? Or indeed something the internet has forgotten?

Anyone around much at the time @RoyJess ?
I don't believe the portable Jet Star/City Jet coasters ever ran more than two cars per train, so I reckon the pictured photograph is a "Speed Racer" type from Schwarzkopf which is a big park model that definitely was never at Great Yarmouth.

https://coasterpedia.net/wiki/Whizzer_(Six_Flags_Great_America)

(the one at California's Great America also ran four cars, not sure about the other two)

EDIT: Just re-read your post @Rick yes I think it's a stock image, I can't imagine a coaster of that size in the UK being missed!

I can only echo what @speedy say's, it was never at Great Yarmouth, looks like a stock image for promotion as it was the year of the Rollercoaster.

Could be, just strange to use stock images at all - they don't seem to do so in any other literature that I have of theirs. Also, why not use the iconic ride you actually own.

Wasn't suggesting that they had built a Whizzer clone on the quiet, but did wonder if they had perhaps looked to add a Jet Star and that was to represent it - but they don't call it out as an addition.

I should imagine that the brochure was assigned to a independent designer company that decided that a stock photo would make for a better promotion image as oppose to using one of the actual ride photos. To someone that is not a rollercoaster enthusiast, rollercoasters will simply just all look the same

I should imagine that the brochure was assigned to a independent designer company that decided that a stock photo would make for a better promotion image as oppose to using one of the actual ride photos. To someone that is not a rollercoaster enthusiast, rollercoasters will simply just all look the same

A good example of this is how Alton and other parks still constantly use stylized (old) Vekoma track in loads of marketing images, despite not having any rides of this nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach's new ride will be ready for the opening date of 11th July according to this article

I'm not sure how common the ride is but it appears to be a controlled motorised 360 spin...

Not quiet the Pleasure Beach. I've taken some images of one of Joyland's Tubs off the track

wjhLjQt.jpg

6RF79v4.jpg

EVsTblF.jpg

Inside the tub with the cushions removed

bs02MGz.jpg

Finally got on my first ride since the pandemic

829db4P.jpg

Not quiet the Pleasure Beach. I've taken some images of one of Joyland's Tubs off the track

wjhLjQt.jpg

6RF79v4.jpg

EVsTblF.jpg

Inside the tub with the cushions removed

bs02MGz.jpg

Finally got on my first ride since the pandemic

829db4P.jpg
Love the tub twist. I would say it's my favourite ever kids ride.

Snails are great too at joyland.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Was just searching for this to bump to post this!

A bit of a shame, I remember it being built and opening, it was a right soaker back then. Looking like some brutalist industrial art exhibit, it'll actually change the front quite a bit disappearing from its prominent spot.

A new Musik Express is a good choice for the park. Solid, reliable, fun and filling a bit of a gap since the old Moulin went. Not everything has to be ground breaking.

Re-reading the statement. The musik express is new for 2023 and they will be liasing with Great Yarmouth Borough Council as to a proper log flume replacement in the near future

That's a real shame, I remember riding it a few years ago. Will be missed as there aren't many custom flumes remaining in the UK.

Would Valhalla now be the only 3 drop flume ride left in the UK (after GYPB one goes) or is there another ?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk