• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

And just like that GYPB manages to out do Pleasurewood Hills with the crap new attractions. Never mind, you'll get a great view of the chavs and teenage pregnancies that make up Great Yarmouth...

No not Mulan! :(, That's been there for years, since I was a little boy....

for all the others up for sale I couldn't care less :)

The sooner they get rid of the Evolution the better. It's a hideous ride.

The Edge project seems to have gone pretty quiet now so I do have some concerns for the park and The Edge. I visited the park in the summer and it feels very outdated. It's disappointing to see when you consider how well the likes of Adventure Island are doing despite their rides being mostly inferior.

I get the feeling that the owners are putting all their eggs in one basket with the Edge project and have neglected the park in the process.

It's weird coz like you said, it is looking a bit tired now, yet they've just bought two brand new rides from SBFVisa... surely that money could be better spent elsewhere?

Shame really, the place could be a proper park destination if they invested a bit better.

Well look at Southend, that town is an absolute dump, far worse than Yarmouth. Adventure Islamd though, is one of the most pleasant seaside parks out there. I'd like to see Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach be the same.

Faded seaside glamour is on of my favourite phrases, I put southern in this catagory, Great Yarmouth I don't. It's trying to be Blackpool without succeeding, it only clame to fame is its the birth of John Warldley career. Ok Nelson :). Don't get me wrong, I would love to the pleasure beach do well, it's just not being supported in the right way. It could become a great seaside park if they stop the Edge idea, and concentrate on what a seaside park is good at. RIDES.

Edge seems to have been on going for years and progress seems to take place very slowly.

Like at Blackpool, the Pleasure Beach end of the prom is much quieter. If the Edge development brings visitors down to that end then I'm all for it and it'll benefit the PB greatly.

My concern is, as I've said before, if and when the Edge does eventually open it will make the PB look even worse than it does at the moment. Shiney, fancy new buildings against the rather outdated and tatty appearance of the rides. It won't look good. Something needs to be done to sort out the aesthetics of the Pleasure Beach to bring it more in line with what people will be expecting when they visit this swanky new development.

"The Evolution ride maybe on its way to Brazil but we are pleased to announce we have a new ride arriving in time for Easter next year - Reverse Time..."

15179168_1319398714746906_5364528486079867844_n.jpg

15094314_1319398831413561_6472677269621855880_n.jpg

15181484_1319399624746815_9199422380606130043_n.jpg

And people complain that the British theme parks are going downhill.

Although jokes aside, it's good to see that they're bringing something new to the UK, and it might be more exciting than it looks. Presumably they gave it a test ride before they bought it, so perhaps it's one of those pleasant surprises. I gather the Pleasure Beach sent a couple of people over to the IAPPA tradshow in Orlando to try and find some replacement rides for the ones they're selling. I wonder whether they ordered one of these while they were over there.

Last edited: