• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach: General Discussion

I just don't get why they keep buying pants stuff from SBF. All brand new as well.

I know we always have that clichéd thing of thinking we know how to run parks better than the parks themselves, but I'm my opinion a second hand bigger ride would have much more impact than this tripe that they keep buying.

A Pinfari looper or a Galaxi coaster up the far end of the park would surely be much more beneficial for them?

A Pinfari looper or a Galaxi coaster up the far end of the park would surely be much more beneficial for them?
Steady on now old bean. I agree with your point, but that's the worst possible example to pick. ;)

Seeing the video it looks more exciting. According to their website it does 20 rpm which seems pretty fast. I hope it's popular.

Now that I've seen it in action it looks more thrilling than I expected.

It'll still be difficult to market something which looks so similar to the nearby Disk-O, from the public's point of view at least.

They announce a new ride

New ride for 2017 season: We are pleased to annouce we have another new ride coming in for the 2017 season. The ride is called the Flying Dumbo. Here are some pictures of the new ride:

16105557_1387745711245539_4281879735341059674_n.jpg

16142295_1387745801245530_6970881003537790697_n.jpg

16195857_1387745857912191_481078401494937155_n.jpg

I reiterate my point....why are they spending so much money on new stuff like this?!

Yet they're removing rides like Waltzers and Evolution. Removing family rides for pure kiddy rides is certainly an interesting strategy, especially for a small seaside park.

They don't actually have a single thrill ride now...

Last edited:
Aaaaand, their Log Flume is also up for sale. The last triple drop Flume in the UK.

No doubt it will go to either Asia or South America, like everything else from the UK.

Aaaaand, their Log Flume is also up for sale. The last triple drop Flume in the UK.

No doubt it will go to either Asia or South America, like everything else from the UK.

Noooooowaaaaaaaaaaaay! :eek: They spent the last two winter seasons refurbishing it :eek:

Controversial statement coming up... if the guys at Towers had a bit more imagination, and actually thought about spending less money on a ride every now and then, they should go for something like this.

It's not that big, could easily whip a building around it, or drop it into the Charlie building (add an extention on top obvs), yet it's also long enough for it be a proper dark ride with scenes in between drops.

It's not the best flume in the world, and you certainly got as wet on it as riding the Valhalla. As far as I'm concerned, the Towers removed demolished a really great flume

What's going on with GYPB?! Evolution, Waltzers gone and now the Log Flume (which they refurbished last year) up for sale too?

Seems like the park's going downhill which is a shame, as I really rate it.