• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Happy 10th Birthday TowersStreet!

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Feels criminal to not have some sort of topic to commemorate a wild night and a temporary digital caravan a whole decade ago.

It's great to see how far both the site and community has evolved through the years, having become the most active online Alton Towers community and the most dedicated Welcom Inn support group!

Cheers!

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

That means I've been a member for 7 years. Where's the time gone!?

I LIKE CAKE :D

Being serious for a moment, I truly couldn't be more grateful for the existence of this site - I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. From what it was on that night in June 2012 to what it is now is fantastic, and I really do consider it a privilege to be a part of this wonderful community. Long may it continue!

If history is anything to go by, reaching 10 years as an Alton Towers community means we should be readying the digital caravans again ;)

Seriously though, what a milestone. Looking back to that first night, events could have turned out completely differently. But 10 years on and TowersStreet is still a thriving, friendly, inclusive (and mostly drama-free!) community.

Had a feeling the 10 year mark was coming up soon!
Kind of glad for the understated celebration. I remember all the things we did for TT@10. Only for it to fall apart a few months later. Yet from day one of Project Aurora this has just been a great community with no pretence.

Good job on 10 years, I'm sure we're only just getting started!

Kind of glad for the understated celebration
If history is anything to go by, reaching 10 years as an Alton Towers community means we should be readying the digital caravans again ;)

Seriously though, what a milestone. Looking back to that first night, events could have turned out completely differently. But 10 years on and TowersStreet is still a thriving, friendly, inclusive (and mostly drama-free!) community.
We have a meet next week, that's all I'm saying. Best get plotting the next revolution 😂

Wow, is it really that long. I came accross this site after watching the 10 years of towers times on YouTube, 10 years ago and not been able to join as i was spam. Saw this site and came aboard.

Sad to say I only ever came on one meet. Scarefest around 2013. The friendliness of @Poisson and @towersfreak before and during meet and after showed me that this was a friendly bunch.

Not posted as much in thee last t couple of years. Sad to see some regular names go but always pleased to see new blood come through.

Keep fighting that good fight to those who run it and cheers.

Yours Sincerely
Slugjc

Drinking and revolution jokes aside, it's crazy to think we've hit 10 years when starting the site doesn't feel like all that long ago! We really spent hours all those years ago wondering whether creating a new site would be successful, and whether we would be able to carry on with the same informal community feel that we'd established. So while things have evolved a little over the years, it's fantastic that a decade later we're still here 😊.

While we may pay the bills and keep you lot in check (a little!), as a team we've always intended that the forum very much naturally run itself. Compared to how other forums are moderated, or even how we've done so in previous roles on other sites, it's been an active decision for things to be more self managed. It's thanks to all of you that it manages to work so well.

Without your participation in attending meets, creating topics, replying to posts or even just through browsing the forum, we simply wouldn't still be around. So whether you're a lurker, a prolific poster, an occasional liker or just pop along to our meets (for rides, obviously...) - from myself and the rest of the team, thank you all for making TowersStreet what it is today.

Here's to the next 10 years 😉