• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Haunted House - Behind The Scenes Documentary

Stuntman707

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Sorry if this has already been shared but it is a brilliant documentary (fittingly released this saturday) made by Peter (Euro Theme Park Archives) which has such amazing footage, interviews and a tour with Wardley himself. I know a lot of work went into this so it would be great to visit the channel on YouTube & show your support and appreciation to Peter as well. Of course full credit to him for uploading this.

Just watched myself today. Mixed emotions from me about this new ride, I'm happy the ride has been invested in and it'll be getting the crowds again however it feels like a bit of an end of an era for me.
A time when this ride was basically constructed in sheds using old school methods, grand scale scenes like the sinister garden which would be impossible to replicate these days due to cost, and not really knowing if the props would work correctly until installed then tinkering with them or moving them to a different part of the ride.
We are unlikely to see another ride like the original haunted house ever again. It was good while it lasted.

Well this was well worth the wait and I feel its a lot better then the first version that was put out. I never got to ride the haunted house as my first trip to the tower was well after it had closed. But after watching this I cant help but feel a sense of loss I’m thankful that so much work has been done to preserve the memory of the ride. Hopefully the “bad days” of duel are over and there are only good things to come.

Just watched this tonight and got to say it made me feel all nostalgic. A great documentary.

HH was my favourite ride until Nemmy came along and even then it was a close contest as I loved this attraction so much.

Very excited to get on the curse finally on Wednesday but I don't think anything will ever live up to the original. It was a true masterpiece.

I posted it in the media topic, but this documentary is so good I feel it does deserve it's own topic. Really enjoyed this.

HH was my favourite ride until Nemmy came along and even then it was a close contest as I loved this attraction so much.
Makes me laugh when people say things like this. Because we all know the Haunted House was a great rollercoaster until Nemmie’s intensity beat it. 🤣😂

Makes me laugh when people say things like this. Because we all know the Haunted House was a great rollercoaster until Nemmie’s intensity beat it. 🤣😂
I am not sure what you're getting at.

Quite simply, the difference is obvious. One is an indoor attraction. One is (or was) a world class rollercoaster. Two different types of rides.

It would appear sarcasm radars are faulting tonight.

It’s a shame it couldn’t have been restored or preserved correctly before it became Duel. I loved the original haunted house and have many fond memories. The behind the scenes look into what made this just makes you appreciate the amount of work that went into it.

I bet they could get the ghost corridor working with the technology they have now.

It's a bit weird that they left the machine there all this time with it not working. It looked amazing in the clip when it worked.

Looks like they left half the machine / track in there, they took the bit out that goes over guests. The lift hill and whatnot which was next to the scene however, remain.

Not weird, I can understand them removing the bit visible from the vehicles when they renovated the scene. As for the other bit, why spend time and money removing the other bit, when it is not seen by guests and not in the way of anything.

Pretty much. It was very much the 'Nemesis retrack' of the day... send it all to the scrapyard except the lifthill.

No doubt one day they will eventually bring the effect back with sand-filled supports and painted bright red.

That lift hill mechanism will need a good dollop of WD40. Good job Alton has that part covered quite well.