• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Heide Park have now announced that Ghostbusters will soft open for a test phase on 15th April.

9468027d1491924309-2017-neuheit-ghostbusters-5d-ehemaliger-hallo-spencer-halle-heidepark-img_8395.jpg

IMAscore has released part of the sound track for the new Ghost Busters ride. I like it. Reminds me of the Duel music but with the Ghost Busters theme.

Is it sad that I'm attempting to read the badge on their left shoulders to work out what "franchise" those GB cosplayers are from?

Do Merlin Magic Making deliberately employ people with zero imagination? Queue full of, yes you've guessed it, shipping containers!

I can't wait to see how they try and fit a shipping container in with SW8.

:)

Boo, evil shipping containers blah blah blah.

Looks like we found Das Sanbrooke, anyway.

I actually think there must be someone who works for Merlin or Merlin magic making that just loves to troll now with these shipping containers, etc. Either that or they have a partner who owns a shipping container business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old shipping containers are dirt cheap, especially if they are a little out of shape, as they are not fit for their original purpose.
Wetherspoons use them for storage, and the rooftop bar on the Layton Raikes 'spoons at North Shore in Blackpoo is made out of one, as is the main fountain (FY4) bar on the Pleasure Beach.

I actually think there must be someone who works for Merlin or Merlin magic making that just loves to troll now with these shipping containers, etc. Either that or they have a partner who owns a shipping container business.
Absolutely. Or ... they're cheap, functional, easy to install and customise. They're also straightforward from a planning point of view.

There's nothing wrong with using prefabricated standard sized "things" in "theming".... provided they don't look like it. A thin cladding with marine ply and a coat of paint is all they would need in most* situations.

*Obviously, it would still be shipping container shaped, which wouldn't fit in, say, an Efteling style curvy thing.

Absolutely. Or ... they're cheap, functional, easy to install and customise. They're also straightforward from a planning point of view.

No one would give a crap if Merlin took the shipping containers as a base structure and themed it, hell Disney did it with an oil rig for the tree of life. The issue is their continuing unimaginative plonking down of the damn things without any attempt to do anything interesting with them.

It's just a continuous parade of drab themes involving shipping containers, fake CCTV cameras and satalite dishes, the only exception to this rules in the last few years was Oblivion at Gardaland.

Even Oblivio has CCTV and satellite dishes though, the only really imaginative theming is the warped stuff around the drop...

It's a lot cleaner and industrial, but it still bears a lot of the usual Merlinisms...

Even Oblivio has CCTV and satellite dishes though, the only really imaginative theming is the warped stuff around the drop...

It's a lot cleaner and industrial, but it still bears a lot of the usual Merlinisms...

The theming in the queueline is pretty good too, and it's bright and clean. But yes it has a lot of Merlinisms too.

According to the German forum CoasterFriends.de Heide Park managers and Merlin executives are meeting at the end of June to make the final decision over Colossos' future.