• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Probably a stupid question but is there any chance that monster holding the track is a hint to a switch track element ala Expedition Everest?

Colossos is simply being re-tracked and given a new theme, so there won't be any switch track element.

:hearteyes:

6A2376AC-0E2F-42FE-9907-DBFA9B89CCF2.jpeg

F61B7171-07C5-4564-B381-4193C76ECAF9.jpeg

27EDBF2D-C759-4097-9372-4990EC24F07D.jpeg

It does look really good, but just not original.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

So is that showing the track will switch back or is it totally irrelevant to the ride lol

The pics show the track from the perspective of riders. Just before the train reaches the faux track, it looks as though it will dip underneath and keep going, travelling through the “mouth” of the “giant”.

Some photos of Colossos from Heide-Park-World.de. The track work is now complete and the first pull through of the train has taken place.

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

These photos give a better idea of how the theming object/fake track works, minus the CGI effects on the official photos:

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

Credit where credit is due. Yes the idea for the new theme is a rip off of Wicker Man however the execution is top notch (I'd argue it looks better than Wicker Man). I also love the fake track effect!

Colossos: Kampf der Giganten opened on 19th April, and by the looks of things even the pre-show looks Wicker Man-inspired:

Good to see such a good-looking coaster back open, if you ask me!
(Skip to 0:56 for the pre-show)