• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Looopings have reported that the observation tower won’t be opening this season and will be demolished, due to it no longer meeting safety requirements (and I guess Merlin not wanting to pay to sort it)

It was shut in 2020 and 2021 due to “covid”.

They’ve already got a drop tower
You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF

Apparently the park have said their next major investment is coming in 2024. There has been no hint to what it will be yet though. I suspect Jumanji is a stong possibility, I read the Mayan themed flat ride area would make a good location for a Jumanji area as many if the flats have since closed and theming could be re-used.

Apparently the park have said their next major investment is coming in 2024. There has been no hint to what it will be yet though. I suspect Jumanji is a stong possibility, I read the Mayan themed flat ride area would make a good location for a Jumanji area as many if the flats have since closed and theming could be re-used.
It would make sense to use that area as when I last went a few years back nothing was open in that area and was such a dead spot, and with merlin saying they will use that IP worldwide, it also makes sense in Germany.

A few details, the ride won’t be opening until May, and will be having work from Vekoma. There is also talk of them fixing the magic ride which apparently hasn’t run for some time due to issues with its restraints.

Here’s a quote from Looopings:
Vekoma is currently applying corrections to the track,” an amusement park spokeswoman said. At the same time, the attraction is being “thematically customised”, so that the experience fits better with the dark theme area Transsilvanien. All kinds of carnivorous plants are visible on a concept image

Definitely seems like a low investment and something that wasn’t needed at the park. Also means we get ANOTHER dark and depressing theme at a Merlin Park, which makes practically the whole of Heide Park like that now.

Merlin's theming tradition is continuing. "Everything wants to kill you".
Tbh I really like this concept. A re-theme and new trains is what I wanted for this ride (or just scrap it). Well hopefully it will get new trains. I haven't found a mention of it.

Just seen some pictures of the repainting work on limit/ toxic garden, they have gone for a lovely Alton towers purple! Merlin must have got a bulk buy on purple paint

Also the idea of this retheme must have only been decided about 2 weeks back, as why else would they start painting it after the park has even opened.

Looks very low budget, and probably only way they could get cash to paint a tired old vekoma, but claiming it’s a new ride

Also the idea of this retheme must have only been decided about 2 weeks back, as why else would they start painting it after the park has even opened.

Looks very low budget, and probably only way they could get cash to paint a tired old vekoma, but claiming it’s a new ride
We have only just got into the outdoor painting season.
Cold weather paint is much more expensive, and often less expensive, than the "normal"stuff.