• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex Artwork + Think Tank Minutes

Wouldn't surprise me if this ends up going for around a grand or more. Whoever wants it bad enough will pay that amount. People keep on sharing it across forums and Facebook, attracting more interested buyers, while at the same time complaining that the price is too high!

It's seems people don't understand their own actions.

Peter, I loved your videos on the British dark rides and hope you keep on making them. I would love to know more about Hex but I understand there was some problems which prevented you from making a documentary about the ride, is that correct?

Rather weird this, as the same person sold off the much more valuable (I assume to a coaster enthusiast) Nemesis archive bank for less than £300. I guess few people noticed?

Peter, I loved your videos on the British dark rides and hope you keep on making them. I would love to know more about Hex but I understand there was some problems which prevented you from making a documentary about the ride, is that correct?
Thanks for watching! Hex has certainly got a lot of stories behind it, and it's quite timely now the ride is shut so I will try and resolve the issues that stopped me making it initially. There's still a lot more interesting material from Hex's production than what's involved in this auction.

I would have been interested up to around £200, but wouldn't have gone any higher than that. I didn't actually bid at all incidentally. At up to around £200 it would be a nice bit of stuff to own, and you'd almost definitely get at least your money back in a few years time if you decided to sell it on. Start going up a few hundred more and your chances of ever getting your money back start to diminish. Someone has probably offered close to a grand or something 'through the back door' (ooh matron).

I was interested up to £200 too. Any more than that I don't think it's worth it personally.

If I had money, I'd be interested to about £150 (though I couldn't afford that really tbh :()

Wonder why it was taken down. Not like it wasn't selling for enough.

Does that confirm that they were stolen then?

Last edited:
The auction was thankfully cancelled when Alton Towers requested the items returned to them to keep archived. :)

That's extremely disappointing.

I hope they paid for them, as unless they did then 2 parties have lost out. The seller has lost out on making what his possession was worth, and whichever buyer would have won has missed out on the opportunity to posses such a rare item.

We all know Towers hate enthusiasts, and these documents will be sealed off in a vault somewhere never to be seen again. At least there was a chance the buyer would have shared the info with the community.

Would love if you focused on the music side. I know Graham is probably not with us (his daughter is managing all the recordings on the soundcloud) but I'd love to know a bit about the orchestral recording session; who was present, which orchestra it was and such. In a time and age where the UK parks don't get real orchestras to do much (bar fireworks finales... yay!) it's always refreshing to hear that score.

Graham Smart is still alive and manages the sound cloud account as he sent out a general email which only knowledge he could have known not long ago, to whoever bought music off his band camp site.

However Graham was not used by Tussauds by the late 90s and the music for Hex was composed by Crispin Merrel.

Last edited: