• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex - If and when will it return

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
To be honest other than audio volume, maintenance and lighting the Hex vault doesn't need anything, it's regarded as the best mad house in the world.

If it was me spending money on it then the Octogan is where I would spend, much more could happen in that part of the experience.

I have never liked the static model of the old woman in the Octagon room. Nice full size Disney style animatronic in there would be good. Yes it would cost a lot and no of course its not going to happen. Same with the face on the drum. Make it animatronic speaking out the chant. And do something with the branch, it just lighting up at the end is such an anti climax.

However in the cold light of day, there would be no return of investment on any of the above, so the bare minimum will don done. :(

I have never liked the static model of the old woman in the Octagon room. Nice full size Disney style animatronic in there would be good.
At the very least they should mount it on a track so it can be hidden at the back of the scaffold and slide in to place when needed.

Off topic, I still laugh at the time Most Haunted tried to hold a seance in the octagon and they all freaked out in a theme park attraction designed to be spooky! :p

Getting really anxious about information concerning closed attractions. I know the new season is a couple months away, but they've been so quiet about Hex and Charlie in particular. I'm presuming Hex will re-open for the new season as work must be complete by now (again, just a presumption). The rumour is that the Charlie IP ran out, so that'll be a complete re-fit. Maybe there's contractual issues and they haven't tied down an IP or idea for that yet.

It would just be nice to get some more specific information about the TLC program concerning rides. I tweeted Alton Towers before my visit last summer about the closed attractions and they promised to update their blog with specific information in the coming months. Well, that was 8 months ago and no word.

Don't worry yourself about Charlie, it ain't opening next season and I severely doubt it'll open the following season either. After the opening hours info, I'm even starting think there's still a possibility we won't see Hex either.

Hex and Driving School will reopen.

Sub Terra and Charlie will not.

Let's not forget they took Ripsaw too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hex and Driving School will reopen.

Let's not forget they took Ripsaw too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
And submission..... and the Flume a year before it needed to close.

You think Driving School? Interesting. If they did, they'd have to do something to it first as they did clearly block it off with boards adorned with promises of "TLC".

I never presumed Charlie would re-open any time soon. As I said, the rumour is that the IP has run out and it needs totally new investment/a new ride idea. The most we'd get is an announcement of what that will be.

As for Sub-Terra, that ride has got to be one of the biggest wastes of money the park has spent. It was barely ever open, and it didn't exist long - if they are scrapping it already. As long as lessons are learned, I guess. Wouldn't want it to stop Alton Towers investing in a potential new dark ride though - in addition to whatever ends up in Charlie's place. I remember seeing a long term plan for the park and it included a big new dark ride somewhere around the 2019 mark. But again, that could just refer to Charlie's planned demise.

I never presumed Charlie would re-open any time soon. As I said, the rumour is that the IP has run out and it needs totally new investment/a new ride idea. The most we'd get is an announcement of what that will be.

As for Sub-Terra, that ride has got to be one of the biggest wastes of money the park has spent. It was barely ever open, and it didn't exist long - if they are scrapping it already. As long as lessons are learned, I guess. Wouldn't want it to stop Alton Towers investing in a potential new dark ride though - in addition to whatever ends up in Charlie's place. I remember seeing a long term plan for the park and it included a big new dark ride somewhere around the 2019 mark. But again, that could just refer to Charlie's planned demise.

A truly great flat once sat where Sterra is....Oh how its missed.

That most probably confirms that Hex will be back in some form or another in the 2017 season. What changes or improvements have been made are anyone's guess unless people are 'in the know'. You'd expect they'll follow this up with more info in the near future, maybe.

Well, this is the TLC account. So if the information is coming from them it's more likely to be about what work has been done on Hex. A simple re-opening announcement might have been provided by the regular Alton Towers Twitter count. Keep all ears to the ground, I would say. See what comes up. They might even be planning to follow the tweet up tonight.

Really hoping this means hex is back, missed it most out of all the closed rides.

Doubt there would be an official announcement until the 2017 line up is officially announced, they need some good news in the announcement if other rides are remaining closed for another year under the guise of TLC. Just hope they don't close something else for TLC in its place.

Can't wait to hear Hex's music bellowing out whilst watching the illuminated fire exit logo spinning around as if it's mysteriously part of it.

I doubt the parking issue will ever be fixed, even Vekoma don't have a clue how to solve it!

:)

Do all the Mad Houses by Vekoma have the issue? Are evidence of a similar issue at other parks? Does anyone know if The Haunting at Drayton Manor is also a Vekoma?

I believe it is only Hex but those on here who have ridden all Mad Houses around the world (@AstroDan) will be able to confirm.

The Haunting is indeed a smaller model from Vekoma.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.