• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

'High Profile' Enthusiasts: A discussion

Do you think the behaviour of some well known enthusiasts is damaging to the parks and guests?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
TPW have posted this photo in reply to Towers.

Considering you have to take all belongings with you on the ride the sign is clearly warning that you take the camera and video equipment at own risk. Not implying you can use them on ride.

28iyyi0.jpg

TPW have posted this photo in reply to Towers.

Considering you have to take all belongings with you on the ride the sign is clearly warning that you take the camera and video equipment at own risk. Not implying you can use them on ride.

28iyyi0.jpg
That sign is definitely just implying that any electrical equipment taken on ride along with any other loose items may get damaged. It does not state that you are in any way permitted to use said equipment while on the attraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone took a photo of your wife intentionally then no that's not right.

Depends on the circumstances, there is a big difference between right, wrong and illegal, it's a myth that a person has the right to privacy outside of their home, you would be surprised just how lax the laws are surrounding photography are (there is no law to stop someone taking a photo of you or your wife or even your child, however if they do, and you ask them to stop and they don't, then their continuation of taking photos of you falls under harassment law, but the actual act of taking your photo without your permission is not illegal in places where no reasonable expectation of privacy can be applied).

Alton is technically private property but because of its nature and accessibility of the general public, you cannot claim to have any reasonable expectation of privacy at Alton unless you rented the place exclusively. Alton's terms and conditions are about as effective as a chocolate fire guard in a legal sense related to you, they simply cover themselves from being sued.

Full colour mother hen style or sad drab black and white :D

So you take that sign as meaning you can film / photograph on the ride?
Yep that’s how I see it.

It should really say ‘strictly no filming or photography permitted’ or something along those lines.

I've noticed a lot of this stuff recently on Twitter. It's somewhat childish and has clearly ended in grassing up (even though Towers will no doubt monitor TPW regardless) for personal point scoring...

It's a bit daft really...

Agreed, there's some very petty people in the Twitter enthusiast scene lately. I think it comes down to jealousy, personally.

Regarding the whole controversy, Towers should make it clearer that filming isn't allowed on rides. Sounds like there's a disconnect between the ride staff and social media team. Also, they were pretty snappy with their response on Twitter, it's just not a good impression.

Poor attitude from the social media team. Very short and snappy; not in a good way.

Poor attitude from TPWW. It's obvious that filming isn't allowed on any ride, and I'm fairly certain that is mentioned on the park's map.

Poor attitude from current Alton Towers staff members on that boat for allowing filming on a ride.

Poor attitude from the opposing enthusiast who grassed him up to score points.

Poor attitude from everyone involved frankly.

Agreed, there's some very petty people in the Twitter enthusiast scene lately. I think it comes down to jealousy, personally.

Regarding the whole controversy, Towers should make it clearer that filming isn't allowed on rides. Sounds like there's a disconnect between the ride staff and social media team. Also, they were pretty snappy with their response on Twitter, it's just not a good impression.
Spot on...Telling the teacher because someone took a selfie.

In their defence, I guess the social media staff are told to take anything health and safety related seriously in the public eye.

Shawn is correct in his reply, though; it never explicitly states "no photography" on the ride sign. To me, that sign implies "Yes, you are allowed to take photos on this ride, but we're not liable if your camera/phone/photographing device is damaged". I believe The Flume had a similar thing written on the entrance sign when it operated.

Also, Shawn has filmed on Congo River Rapids many times before without any trouble, so why is it a problem now?
P.S. Sorry if this comes across as snappy/rude.

so why is it a problem now?
P.S. Sorry if this comes across as snappy/rude.

It’s only an issue now because someone publicly and directly asked Towers if it was now allowed.
Of course Towers have to come out stern to state it’s not permitted.

Regardless of ride info signs saying you can or can’t, the T&C’s of entry are at the entrance to the park I believe and I think someone said it states on the park maps you can’t film / photograph on rides.

It’s all interesting because are Towers actually going to enforce the rules 100% now

Depends on the circumstances, there is a big difference between right, wrong and illegal, it's a myth that a person has the right to privacy outside of their home, you would be surprised just how lax the laws are surrounding photography are (there is no law to stop someone taking a photo of you or your wife or even your child, however if they do, and you ask them to stop and they don't, then their continuation of taking photos of you falls under harassment law, but the actual act of taking your photo without your permission is not illegal in places where no reasonable expectation of privacy can be applied).

Alton is technically private property but because of its nature and accessibility of the general public, you cannot claim to have any reasonable expectation of privacy at Alton unless you rented the place exclusively. Alton's terms and conditions are about as effective as a chocolate fire guard in a legal sense related to you, they simply cover themselves from being sued.
Im fully aware it wouldn't be illegal I mean morally

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Just to point this out:

https://support.altontowers.com/hc/...-rides-using-a-GoPro-Other-filming-Equipment-

Alton Towers do explicitly say, somewhere, that filming, and by extension, photography, is not allowed on any ride.

If you have conflicting pieces of information, one always has to believe / follow the stricter or more negative information. In this case, that is no filming on any rides.

TPWW should be aware of this, given their combined knowledge of the park, and their understanding of the park's current views on H&S. Their response is highlights a poor attitude.

Then again, there's a poor attitude from everyone involved in bringing this up, and all the staff memebers who have supposedly encouraged filming on a ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.