• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hotel Entertainment Discussion

Only plus side really was when they stopped singing, and there was a bit of background music. However, sat comfortably in the Dragon Bar only to be told that they were closing........ at 10:30.
I believe this is because Dragon's Bar is quite close to the ATH rooms, so they don't want any noise downstairs. Marg's tends to be the late night bar as it isn't close to the Splash hotel rooms, and by the time DB closes, most of the kids have left Marg's to go to bed, so it works quite well.

It's a shame the Splash doesn't have a second bar like DB as in my opinion DB is much quieter and more comfortable than Marg's, especially when in Splash they're blasting out very loud music late into the night when there's not that many people in the bar. Seems rather unnecessary to me.

Once entertainments is done with it really isn't that noisy in there. They used to keep the bar open till the early hours of the morning with no problem. It's hardly a 18-30s hotel so the noise is pretty minimal.

Last nights entertainment was a male and female. It was awful. Although it made me laugh that the bloke was singing don't stop me now and had to miss out the word sex. Considering this was about 10pm it made no sense. I was glad when it finally ended. Sat in dragon bar to eat this afternoon, and the atmosphere was very nice, why can't it be like that permanently?!

The reason why its dire is because good talent costs. All the ATH entertainment is staffed by a) people who would at one time work as a red coat. B) those who see Britains got talent and xfactor as things the aspire too. C) people who one day will make it big, and never do. But act like they did.

I like the tavern idea. Dears head on wall. Busty wench, blokes in flat caps and impressive moustache. Drinking ale and putting world t'rights what what. Open fire of course, burning begging letters and poor people. Just something for the childless ones, to go relax have a drink and maybe have a sing song whilst swaying tankards. Anything but a "family" entertainer.

I don't know what's going on with the shocking entertainment at the hotels. I see that David Kettle and Lizzie Robins are still singing, at least they were there over Scarefest and Fireworks but their shows looked poor. They were both fantastic 'back int day'.