• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

At this time of year it is often better to visit during the weekend rather than a weekday due to the large amount of school trips, the same can be said about all themeparks really. Or just hand on a few months and go later in the year.

Avoid, we got caught out by school trips and it was terrible. Fastrack or waits of three hours, plus single rider queue is also a no go and slower then the main lines. I'm going to hang out til September before going back.

Team Edit Edited for spelling and punctuation

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI - I went on Monday and it was pretty dead! Due to ERT I got on the Smiler with a 10 minute queue (by the time the park had opened it was a 90 minute queue) and everything else was near a walk on. Obviously the busy stuff was the C Beebies stuff - along with Cloud Cuckoo Land - so that just made our day of the grown up stuff better.

Lovely time as always! It helped they had lots of trains running on the rides. But - wow - they sure take their time at Runaway Mine Train, don't they?! Made me miss Europa Park - no restraint checking... just in and gone!

Hiya. Due to various factors our annual early September trip looks like being delayed until October. My colleagues want to go for the scarefest, is there any time it's quieter? Obviously we're expecting it to be busier than our usual time (early sept)
Thanks

Hiya. Due to various factors our annual early September trip looks like being delayed until October. My colleagues want to go for the scarefest, is there any time it's quieter? Obviously we're expecting it to be busier than our usual time (early sept)
Thanks

It's usually fairly busy in early September tbh. Scarefest will have the bonus of longer hours and mazes - and usually in the first week (before half-term) it's quiet (relatively at least) :)

Cheers. Last year it was dead on our first day and then busier on the second day. I think not all the schools were back on the first day and people stayed away. First week of scarefest it is then

How busy do you think it will be tomorrow, with it being the start of the Championship season I'm hoping for a bit shorter queues half an hour and under apart from sonic and the smiler, do you think it will be ok because I'm taking my friend for the first time and should I leave the smiler till last or first so we can go on the smiler and spinball

Anyone got any ideas on how busy it'll be on September 6th at the Towers? I'm going with some non-geeks (*sighs*). It's a Saturday btw. :)

Ta in advance.

I expect it'll be pretty busy, as early September traditionally is with kids about to head back to school and people wanting to make the last of the summer.

OK, I won't get my hopes up for a lot of rides. Just hope they don't all want to stand in a 2 hour queue for RITA.

It's a Saturday, though. Just chiming in from experience, early September weekdays and weekends are busier than their August counterparts, for example.

i also have friends have friends talking about spetember how bad is it on the week days when children should be shut away from us in school

I bloody hope not! If it is busy I'll be just hitting the relaxing rides all day.