• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
How Busy Will It Be? 2015 update!

The park differs in how busy it is depending on the time of year, whether there are special events on and what day of the week it is! Some common sense can be applied to the day which you are visiting and this can work out whether the park will be busy or not.

Please note that queue time estimates do not apply for The Smiler, which has an erratic and often unknown waiting time fluctuation!

Weekdays:
Generally, the quietest days on park are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, with Mondays and Fridays being busier due to the weekend. The amount of people on park on these days depends on school holidays and other events. Please note that this rule does not apply in July, when there are lots of high school trips to the park on weekdays!

* Tue-Thur: 20 minute peak queues (out of school holidays)
* Mon & Fri: 30 minute peak queues (out of school holidays)

Weekends (not bank holiday):
Saturday is usually the busiest day of the week in the theme park and Sunday is usually a little quieter. However, the park is often open slightly later on weekends than in the week.

* Sat: 60 minute peak queues (out of school holidays)
* Sun: 45 minute peak queues (out of school holidays)

School holidays:
School holidays will obviously be the busiest times on park, but the amount of people on park will again go with the above points on weekdays and weekends. So, the quietest times during school holidays will be midweek - but the park will still be busy.

Staffordshire County Council school term dates.

BUSIEST PERIODS OF THE YEAR:
The following is an example of when Alton Towers is likely to be particularly busy:
- Easter Weekend
- Saturdays in June and July
- Weekdays in the weeks prior to the end of the academic year in July (avoid were possible)
- Last 2 weeks of the school summer holidays in August/September
- Saturdays during the October half term
- Fireworks Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
How busy this Saturday (14th July)?

Hey guys!

Off to the Towers this Saturday - very excited ;D But was just wondering how busy you guys think it'll be?
I think we're gonna FP it!
Also MAJOR thanks to Tom for making me a ride plan. I'm memorising it!

~Meg

Re: How busy this Saturday (14th July)?

I'd say not too bad.. Maybe some oddd school trips, but it should be regular saturday times, Most rides around 45 mins to 120 mins, as a guess?

It's July, and it's a Saturday. If last Saturday was anything to go by, it'll be busy. But don't expect them to extend ride close to cope. You'll be kicked out at 5:30pm, so make sure you arrive early or you may struggle to do all the rides without fastrack.

:)

Quietest Day?

We are planning a trip for AT during the Summer Hols and were wondering if Fridays or Mondays are busiest during holidays? We know it'll be busy but we just want to know what day it'll probably be quietest.

Thanks ;D

Hello everyone,

Some very early planning going on, but considering Half Term for October is 29th October - 2nd November, when would you suggest visiting Scarefest for shortest queues and best experience as a group of friends?

Choices are:
27th October (Sat)
28th October (Sun)
30th October (Tues)
31st October (Wed)

Help is much appreciated. :)

JAMMYD778 said:
Hello everyone,

Some very early planning going on, but considering Half Term for October is 29th October - 2nd November, when would you suggest visiting Scarefest for shortest queues and best experience as a group of friends?

Choices are:
27th October (Sat)
28th October (Sun)
30th October (Tues)
31st October (Wed)

Help is much appreciated. :)
I'd have to say the 30th, as the first two days are weekends, and are bound to be busy, and the other day is Halloween, which will be very busy!

The queues will be at a reasonable length on 30th though, for Scarefest anyway...

Personally I expect the next 6 weeks to be rather busy due to the school holidays

I would say averagely busy. 30 - 60 minute queues.

Can anybody suggest whether this sunday or a weekday of the week commencing the 13th August will be the busiest?

When i went 25th and 26th this was the average que times and ride count over the two days

Air-20min 2
Nemesis-15min 3
Nemesis Sub Tera-35min 3
Mine Train-25min 2
Rapids-10min 1
Flume-50min 1
Sonic Spinball-40min 1
Oblivion-5min 4
Ice Age 4D-25min 1
Charlie -20min (Shocker!!!) 0
Rita-(Closed) -
TH13TEEN-5min (Shocker!!!) 7

Wednesday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday are normally busier than Tuesday and Thurseday for some strange reason ;D

What are the expected queue times for Wednesday and Friday?

I'm trying to decide which day to go on...

I would go on Wednesday personal but i can't really judge it with it being the summer break !

25th August will be when TST are on park, so expect to see a large group of people blocking ride exits, shop exits and narrow paths during the day! As well as geeking it up around the SW7 site. (For the record I wont be there that day :p)

It will still be relatively busy I'd imagine as the schools won't have gone back yet. However will be quieter than a weekend.

Ill be going on the 15th or the 16th (Saturday and Sunday) how long do you think the queues will be and which day would be less busier? Thanks!