• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

How Busy?

Easter Sunday was the busiest I have seen the park so far this season, but that was also to do with the large amount of gypsies on park.

I dont suppose the freezing weather and not having a new ride yet will help the situation. I imagine it will stay quite for the next month or so until May/Smiler open, then it will really start to pick up pace.

I think the park will remain quiet until either:

1) The weather warms up - we are in April now, and it's still freezing! It's hardly the ideal temperature to be doing anything outside, let alone riding rollercoasters. I don't blame the general public for not wanting to go.

2) The Smiler opens - chances are a lot of people are also waiting for the new ride to open before going again.

CoventryBee said:
Any idea for Saturday?

It'll be pretty quiet I would imagine, especially as the Easter holidays have only just finished. Will be quiet every day with the exception of the bank holiday weekend until the Smiler opens now.

It's always worth having a wonder round the park first to get a feel for how busy it is, It always make me laugh when people run into the box office and 9am and buy fastrack without them having any idea how busy the park is, infact it put a smile on my face once when Oblivion had no queue and I got on it before the people who had bought fastrack because the staff member was stood at the normal queue line entrance.

It's a Monday, won't be too bad as people will be at work - but there might well be school trips about, which will make the park rather busy. Remember though that any comments here are guesswork and we can't guarantee either way xD

Well I'm off on the 1st of July with 3 big coaches full of college students. If it's stupid amounts of time to wait to get on the rides I'm buying fasttrack. Can you buy it around the park?

king bainzy said:
How busy will it be around the 1st of July? Is it worth buying fast-track?

Tricky date to answer actually, its a Monday but July is the school trips season, though they probably won't be at there peak early July there might be a few.

Unless you are getting a significant discount booking FT early you might want to decide on the day as it could genuinely go either way.

Dave said:
king bainzy said:

Tricky date to answer actually, its a Monday but July is the school trips season, though they probably won't be at there peak early July there might be a few.

Unless you are getting a significant discount booking FT early you might want to decide on the day as it could genuinely go either way.
We were just gonna see how busy it was on the day! We will be going to the X-Sector first to ride all 4 of the rides in it, can you buy FT there?

king bainzy said:
Dave said:
king bainzy said:

We were just gonna see how busy it was on the day! We will be going to the X-Sector first to ride all 4 of the rides in it, can you buy FT there?

You can buy FT at the Sales and info kiosk just outside of X-Sector (near the toilets). Be aware EVERYONE will head to X-Sector first, if you trust The Smiler not to break down it might be better to do the other side of the park and get to Smiler around 2pm.

Unless you walk through the gate at 9am when the park opens and wait an hour at the ride entrance.

Dave said:
king bainzy said:
Dave said:
king bainzy said:

You can buy FT at the Sales and info kiosk just outside of X-Sector (near the toilets). Be aware EVERYONE will head to X-Sector first, if you trust The Smiler not to break down it might be better to do the other side of the park and get to Smiler around 2pm.

Unless you walk through the gate at 9am when the park opens and wait an hour at the ride entrance.
Well we probably will be wanting to ride the Smiler, Oblivion and Submission first because they're just as you enter the park

Hey first time poster and a lover of the Towers. What are your guys thoughts on how busy Monday and Tuesday (20' & 21') will be?

We'd booked a night in the hotel a couple of months ago hoping we'd beat the Smiler rush but then they go and open it a couple of days later, grrrr!!

Thanks in advance

Oatcakedodger said:
How busy do you think next Friday will be thanks in advance :twirly:

As The Smiler will be open, I'd expect it to be busier than this season has been, but not so busy that you can't get on many rides due to queues. It is a weekday so it shouldn't be too bad.

S1mon said:
Hey first time poster and a lover of the Towers. What are your guys thoughts on how busy Monday and Tuesday (20' & 21') will be?

We'd booked a night in the hotel a couple of months ago hoping we'd beat the Smiler rush but then they go and open it a couple of days later, grrrr!!

Thanks in advance

As The Smiler is not open, it shouldn't be that busy. Possibly 45 minutes for the main rides if you're unlucky on both days! You'll be able to get everything done with ease though. :)

S1mon said:

Thanks in advance
Hey I think you will be alright with it being a Monday and Tuesday, and with the smiler not open yet

All of next week is Scottish half-term so i would expect the park to be moderate at the start of the week and busy once The Smiler opens.

Dave said:
All of next week is Scottish half-term so i would expect the park to be moderate at the start of the week and busy once The Smiler opens.

That explains all the Scots on site today