• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2017

Holy cow that Olympic Looper (or whatever it's called) is an amazing ride, doubly so considering it's a travelling coaster, it puts many of Merlin's permanently installed coasters to shame for comfort and smoothness, was this thing manufactured by B&M by any chance?

We rode twice yesterday during the day, front row and back, no queuing. Had been told by friends to stay for the evening as 'the atmosphere is great' but considering we were freezing our nuts off by 4pm and had gone specifically for ML we had no intention of staying longer than needed, I gotta work tomorrow not arrange funerals lol.

Spent about £80 in total for rides, hot chocolate and some nicknacks for the Mrs from the market. If only ML was a bit cheaper to ride, £9 a go is a couple pounds too expensive for my liking.

Any tips for the best tube station to park at to get there? Or is it best to just *shudder* drive into London?

@Dar Marble Arch is a stone's throw away and it's much less busier than Hyde Park Corner

Drive‽ Haha, good one mate! :p

Marble Arch on the Central, or Hyde Park Corner on the Picadilly, depending on which way you're coming from.

Coming from the midlands down the M1. No matter where in London I’m going , I always park at
East Finchley Station, High Road, N2 0NW
:)

We went through Marble Arch tube, was told to stay away from Hyde Park entrance by more than one person as the security is tighter there, we had a bag full of drinks and crisps and I had my ecig in hand and not a pat down in sight, the guy just looked in the bag, smiled and said you forgot mine (there was three of us and three of everything).

Contrast that to my local McDonalds where later that evening we were refused entry until we removed our woolly hats, but they weren't bothered about what was in the bags...

We went through Marble Arch tube, was told to stay away from Hyde Park entrance by more than one person as the security is tighter there, we had a bag full of drinks and crisps and I had my ecig in hand and not a pat down in sight, the guy just looked in the bag, smiled and said you forgot mine (there was three of us and three of everything).

Contrast that to my local McDonalds where later that evening we were refused entry until we removed our woolly hats, but they weren't bothered about what was in the bags...
thats wise of them, your hat could have been a bomb !
il_570xN.1048540920_jewe.jpg

Visited for the first time in years on Saturday afternoon. My, this is a big event now, surpassing even some of the larger German fairs I've been to. Really enjoyed the atmosphere, and thought the presentation was generally fantastic. Seemed like there was some genuinely good food and drink on offer too. Breezed in early afternoon via. Marble Arch, but couldn't believe the numbers streaming in from the other end just an hour later.

Rode Olympia Looping for the first time in years, which is a ride as good as I remembered, bolstered by beautiful views of the London parks and beyond when traversing the first drop. Was definitely tempted to drop another 9 quid for another round, but instead opted for XXL, which is still one of the most terrifying machines ever created. The moment in which your seats are locked for the highest point of the swing is just perverse. Didn't even spot the Breakdance!

A good, potentially very pricey time then, and it's nice to see how it's blossomed into a real institution for the city.