• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2017

Craig

TS Administrator
Well it might be early and Halloween isn't even here yet, but Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is fast approaching.

Changes announced so far this year include karaoke alpine huts:

Oh and the bit we really care about....

They must have seen the Barths come back with more pounds than they were capable of carrying :D

SQUEEEEEE! Gotta love Hollenblitz. :D
Though I still say they most apropriate coaster is Alpina Bahn.

Please tell me this means an end to the smeg-awful Ice Mountain?

SQUEEEEEE! Gotta love Hollenblitz. :D
Though I still say they most apropriate coaster is Alpina Bahn.

Alpina Bahn would be nice, but I guess with this and Olympia Looping, that's gonna be a lot of space taken up already :p. Who knows though, with the success of the event in the past few years. Especially now they've generally got the overcrowding issues sorted.

Both of them‽ ‽ Egad, surely not? Ooh, my wallet's going to hurt this year.

Now we just need a breakdance.

Both of them...

With that AND contactless payment, my bank account is sweating already. I think at least in recent times, this is a big first having them in the same place at the same time!

Both of them?! Yes! And if I play my cards right, Hollenblitz could be my 100th cred :D

Just when I think all my funds for everything I need at this time of year are secure, Winter Wonderland creeps along to remind me it WILL suspend me upside until every last penny falls from my pocket. Damn it.

Was trying to work out who built it, so I looked it up on RCDB. Apparently it was the first and only coaster built by a company called Stein. Not one you could really guess then. It looks like an epic ride.

I'm guessing that the space marked 'Coaster' behind Wilde Maus XXL is where Höllenblitz is likely to go.

Must be, although it doesn't seem big enough compared to OL's footprint. What the smeg is "Dr Archibald"‽ Also "View Tower" seems an odd choice. Didn't even knownthere were any traveling ones.

Once again I find myself inerested in the old air raid shelter under the park. Completely forgot about that.

Nor did I until I looked over the WW plans last year! Can't seem to find any info about in though.

It's essentially a VR ghost Train (saves on the theming cost I guess!). It's got a nice little pre show and a short walkthrough at the end though and the facade for it looks really impressive. VR ftl though ;). Still, wouldn't mind a go on it just to see what it's like I guess!

Meh, no need to waste my time on that then.

Last edited: