• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2017

I completely agree when people start saying that WW is very expensive, I spent almost £200 in one night last year... but it's really not that expensive compared to other UK fairs. Air is £8 on a Saturday night at Hull, it's also £8 at WW. A shitty spinning mouse will cost us around a fiver at any time of year, so £7 for Wild Mouse XXL or even £9 for Looping really isn't that bad.

I think the problem that we have is that there is so many good rides at this event. Most other fairs we'll visit during the year will only have around 2 or 3 rides we'll bother with, but when WW rolls into town, there's like 15 rides I want in on.... XD

Hollenblitz is a coaster yes?
Yup. An enclosed coaster, with a stupidly long train of spinning cars. It's not the most intense ride out there, but it's cracking fun. and has a rather sweet lighting / laser rig inside.... Also fire!

I may be wrong, but I believe it actually requires more trucks to transport than Olympia Looping, despite being smaller.

Loads of good construction pics on RCDB that give an idea of what it does.

Interesting that that POV doesn't have any music playing. The two times I've done Höllenblitz, it hasn't had any music either. It's a criminal waste of that lighting rig. PLAY SOME GODDAMN TUNES ALREADY!

For WW, I suggest Jingle Mir. (It's not as if other rides there don't rip off music from parks. The "Haunted Mansion" ghost train plays the Fata Morgana theme).

Well that's a bummer. Not the first time it's happened though. Mission: Space was supposed to be there last year.

Heard off facebook Another Spinning Mouse Coaster to replace Thriller, hmmmm...

Yeah Mannings new Spinning Mouse ia replacing their Thriller coaster. Could be 3 of the exact same coaster their this year.

Although I'm more annoyed at Mannings lack of imagination when buying a new coaster, the UK fair scene is slowly improving, with Power Tower and Loggers Leap being converted, so why go out and buy a coaster that the UK already has in abundance?

The sheer amount of these spinning mice coasters makes the likes of a Pinfair Galaxi worth while! XD

Diamon Geezer has posted his views on WW, for those interested. Sounds like security is even more draconian this year. :(

Hardly surprising, sounds like a typical security process for attending a football match as an away fan (ironically home fans often don't get searched at all).

Security seemed adequate last year although, despite having no bag, I was picked on for a full search (presumedly because I was wearing an LCFC coat) and the security chap had seemingly no idea what an EpiPen was!

:)

I had a great time there this week, I'll perhaps return if working in the area before the event ends.

If you paid £9 for Olympia and moaned about the cost of a MAP then there is no hope for you.

How do the tokens work? Is it like Brighton Pier with a plastic card you loadup or the more caveman system of physically buying a plastic token? We're going Friday for Olympic Looping cred lol.