• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2018

Sadly, I've heard that the Olimpia (Munchen) Looping will not be returning again after this year. I'll never get to see it now. :(

Sadly, I've heard that the Olimpia (Munchen) Looping will not be returning again after this year. I'll never get to see it now. :(

Any idea why? I’ve not been this year but it’s previously seemed to be doing good business.

Please don’t tell me this is another casualty of bastard brexit?

Pretty sure there have been rumours of Olympia retiring for the last few years.

As for the "big coaster" at WW, I've always thought that Alpina Bahn would be a much better fit than Looping.

Dr Archibald really is amazing, goes to show what VR can be when done properly and puts Merlin to shame considering this is a travelling ride!

Do we know what manufacturer o/s they are using to get the better quality?

Progress for vr is only a good thing. Shame it’s pushed down our throats too early.

Although looking at the oculus quest for next year maybe I will change my mind. No wires(battery life of 3mins?)

Olympia Looping... no :( Although I’ve never been desperate to ride it, it’s something I always thought at some point I’d get the chance to ride... would genuinely be so, so sad if they do retire it.

Well if they do retire it from Winter Wonderland, I suppose that's a good excuse to go to Oktoberfest some day.

Though like Diogo said, I'm pretty sure there's been rumours about it being Olympia Looping's final year for a couple of years now. If it's profitable, why retire it? It's not like it's in bad shape.

Surely with the new light package they've added would implicate they plan on running it for a few more years at least. Just not in the UK if the news is true.

Certainly makes me glad I visited this year.

I've seen people saying it's a three year deal at Winter Wonderland. No idea if that's true or not. Definitely don't think it's closing for good though

We had about 10 years of "OL won't be at Oktoberfest next year, it's been bought by a Chinese park" so I'm sure it'll still be at WW.

And if not, it's still often cheaper to fly to Munich and stay a night or two during Oktoberfest than it is to go to London for a day or two.

It may be if you book a year in advance. But even then hotels triple in price unless you want to stay miles out of the centre.
Not at all, got a lovely hotel a 10 minute bus ride away for about £45 a night just a few months ahead. Flights booked at the same time were a fraction of a return train to London too.

Hang on, seeing the pics of it before the retheme, it looks like this must be what the Faller ghost train kit was based on.

Anyone fancy scratch building the new frontage, if they can get hold of a set?