• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland: General Discussion

I don't want to be argumentative, but this is just silly. The costs involved in me getting to the likes of Towers or Blackpool from down south are similarly prohibitively expensive to me as someone not on the breadline too. Should I begrudge them and consider them a ripoff because they didn't have the decency to build the parks near me?
The issue here is that a trip to London - assuming you don't live there - is disproportionately expensive given the distance. It's actually a little over 2 hours' drive for me but it feels a lot more costly and difficult than getting to Alton Towers (more like 3 hours) because there isn't anywhere affordable to park, trains are ludicrously expensive and typically you don't end up arriving in the part of the city you want to be at. If you don't want an hours-long journey home in the dark you're also looking at an overnight stay and we all know how expensive London hotels are. I'd probably be able to travel to northern Europe for around the same price as an overnight trip to London.

With it being free or nearly free to enter, noone is priced out of the event.

I'm not sure I agree here - sure, anyone can show up at the site and not have to pay but if you want to do anything other than just stand about you are going to need a sizeable budget. There's something psychological about the pay-per-ride model I really hate as well, even if you end up spending a similar amount as you would on a day ticket handing over a tenner for a 2 minute ride just seems ridiculous.

I don't think the event will suffer much though - it probably has to keep its prices sky-high to avoid becoming a victim of its own success.

Pricing to the market with limited overall capacity has gone on for decades, it happens everywhere.
Spending a tenner to get on a ride with good ops in a few minutes is better than standing in a two hour queue for a similar experience, isn't it?
It is for me with my knees.
Can you imagine the queues in there with unlimited wristbands!

PPR use to always work for my mum at Drayton Manor as she would only go on 3 rides (Pirate Adventure, Splash Canyon and the Jungle cruise) and watch the jungle palladium show.
I only paid for 1 ride and that was Valhalla in 2001 but there’s only 1 ride now I would pay to go on and that’s a Tagada as I only been on 1 before and that was rubbish at the pleasure beach but seeing them in Shawn’s vlogs really wants me to go on a travelling version.

As a kid the tagada at Blackpool Pleasure Beach seemed amazing , wasn't as good when it was inside Trauma Towers. But those ones you see on the European fair circuit just look insane.

Last edited:
As a kid the tagada at Blackpool Pleasure Beach seemed amazing , wasn't as good when it was inside Trauma Towers. But those ones you see on the European fair circuit just look insane.
Was it a travelling style one? I've never seen a permanent one of those. Anybody got a picture?

Bump!

Am going to be near London for a weekend in December so have looked into the feasibility of a trip to WW, although I'm less enticed now as I've discovered that both Air (the Ziera Star Shape) and Wilde Maus XXL aren't visiting this year. Two of the main rides I'd have wanted to do. Air is in Birmingham and the Maus is in Hamburg apparently.

Bump!

Am going to be near London for a weekend in December so have looked into the feasibility of a trip to WW, although I'm less enticed now as I've discovered that both Air (the Ziera Star Shape) and Wilde Maus XXL aren't visiting this year. Two of the main rides I'd have wanted to do. Air is in Birmingham and the Maus is in Hamburg apparently.
Wilde Maus XXL isn't coming back? That's intriguing; it was one of the more unique coasters at Winter Wonderland when I went a few years back.

Is Olympia Looping returning?

Wilde Maus XXL isn't coming back? That's intriguing; it was one of the more unique coasters at Winter Wonderland when I went a few years back.

Is Olympia Looping returning?

Munich Looping is indeed listed on the HPWW site as a ride that can be booked. There’s no Wild Maus XXL there, just a regular Wilde Maus, along with Dr Archibald, Euro Coaster, Ice Mountain, Time Machine, and Racing Coaster.

It is disappointing that Wilde Maus XXL is not returning. It's also a shame that there is no Air this year, because I haven't ridden it yet, and I wanted to.

It is disappointing that Wilde Maus XXL is not returning. It's also a shame that there is no Air this year, because I haven't ridden it yet, and I wanted to.
Yeah I've not ridden either of them and have been wanting to for years. Just a shame,

Munich Looping is indeed listed on the HPWW site as a ride that can be booked. There’s no Wild Maus XXL there, just a regular Wilde Maus, along with Dr Archibald, Euro Coaster, Ice Mountain, Time Machine, and Racing Coaster.

That’s a shame. As much as I wasn’t a fan of Wilde Maus XXL, it was at least different to a regular wild mouse.