• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Idea: should Oblivion be converted to a floorless B&M Dive Machine?

Do you think Oblivion should be converted to a floorless B&M Dive Machine?

• Total voters
I don't think an upgrade to Oblivion would be gimmicky if it changed the ride experience. Floorless seems a waste of money for a small effect on the experience, but there is nothing wrong with Oblivion other than it's perceived relevance and dated, poorly maintained theming. Its still a well built, well designed ride with loads of life left in it that is well integrated into its environment. I think some sort of upgrade is necessary rather than a gimmick.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I think they should have a few backwards seats on it....... imagine stopping on the drop then falling backwards! Not sure if its possible from a H&S point of view, but it would be interesting!

Oblivion doesn't need fancy upgrades. It just needs looking after! For starters the pipes on rehydrator need to be painted black again, the indented logos in the concrete need the orange colour washing out and the ride entrance needs to be re-built with concrete putting "OBLIVION" in the actual arrow box.

The ride relies on a sinister theme, which for want of a better word has become cheesy. The smiler as great as it is, seems to have taken over the area and the general feel of it.

Removing/trimming some trees in the area would go a long way, they kind of kill the sinister vibe, and some even dwarf oblivion in height! Granted the tree hight rule is in place, but I'm sure the foliage has just got out of hand in X-Sector.

With these improvements and frequent upkeep, theres no reason why Oblivion can't become one of the most intimidating rides in the park again!

:)

Last edited:
Oblivion doesn't need fancy upgrades. It just needs looking after! For starters the pipes on rehydrator need to be painted black again, the indented logos in the concrete need the orange colour washing out and the ride entrance needs to be re-built with concrete putting "OBLIVION" in the actual arrow box.

The ride relies on a sinister theme, which for want of a better word has become cheesy. The smiler as great as it is, seems to have taken over the area and the general feel of it.

Removing/trimming some trees in the area would go a long way, they kind of kill the sinister vibe, and some even dwarf oblivion in height! Granted the tree hight rule is in place, but I'm sure the foliage has just got out of hand in X-Sector.

With these improvements and frequent upkeep, theres no reason why Oblivion can't become one of the most intimidating rides in the park again!

:)

Tell me about it.

It's like they neglect it for ages and then when they do carry out maintenance they get morons to do it who ruin the theme bit by bit.

The aesthetic just isn't sharp enough any more to carry off the theme properly.

I agree that it needs work, but how intimidating can it be when you've been riding it for 18 years?

I agree that it needs work, but how intimidating can it be when you've been riding it for 18 years?
It's a dive coaster that drops you 88 degrees straight down from a holding break into a dark misty hole in the ground. I agree also that it needs refreshing and some work, but there's still not many coasters out there (except for other dive coasters) that give you the free falling thrill that Oblivion does, especially in the UK.

I voted no but can see it happening to extend its life a bit, not that it's going anywhere soon but more in terms of justification to give it a full theme restore. Similar to galactica

How about Oblivion: Face Off?

Whereby, the front row is reversed is and the rear row remains the same. Riders in each row then face each other throughout the ride. I know this sounds pretty odd, but it works extremely well on Invertigos.

How about Oblivion: Face Off?

Whereby, the front row is reversed is and the rear row remains the same. Riders in each row then face each other throughout the ride. I know this sounds pretty odd, but it works extremely well on Invertigos.
You know, I actually kind of like that idea. At the top of the drop, the people with their back to the drop would see the looks on the faces of the riders looking over the edge and would add to the anticipation.

The people with their backs to the drop would also see the dribble of the riders facing the drop plummet onto their face. Tasty.
Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with where peoples' spit is going? Before a few days ago, this wasn't a problem I had ever encountered or seen discussed. Now it seems nothing can be talked about without exploring all the measures taken to prevent people spitting or drooling on each other.

I mean I'm sure it happens from time to time but still, I really don't think it's as big an issue as some are making out. In all my years of visiting AT as well as other theme parks around the world, I have seen exactly zero saliva related incidents. Maybe I'm just very lucky and there's actually an epidemic.

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with where peoples' spit is going? Before a few days ago, this wasn't a problem I had ever encountered or seen discussed. Now it seems nothing can be talked about without exploring all the measures taken to prevent people spitting or drooling on each other.

I mean I'm sure it happens from time to time but still, I really don't think it's as big an issue as some are making out. In all my years of visiting AT as well as other theme parks around the world, I have seen exactly zero saliva related incidents. Maybe I'm just very lucky and there's actually an epidemic.

My post was conducted with my tongue very firmly in cheek. This topic is as much as a joke as my post was.

My post was conducted with my tongue very firmly in cheek. This topic is as much as a joke as my post was.

Okay, fair enough, but you have to remember it can be difficult to interpret tone when reading text.

Surprised no one has suggested sideways yet. Better yet, make it a spinning-standup-inverted-lauched-4D-virtual-reality-and-let's-rebuild-the-whole-thing-out-of-wood-while-we're-at-it.

Last edited:
I have quite enjoyed the spit discussion,
but I'm easily pleased.
CGM...
try BPB on schools weeks to see buckets of spit.