• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

imagic

Most face recognition systems have the white cis male engineer bias, unless you clearly fit that description it's going to have issues (think back to the racist soap dispenser)

Think back to it, I had to learn it about today :D In our case it was simply an amusing anecdote especially due to mismatch in numbers but the soap dispenser is a pretty troubling symptom of bigger problem.

Last edited:
Am 99% sure I've read that Disney are going to roll out a new App for mobile phones with NFC capability in Florida that will replace the MagicBands. If you don't have a mobile with NFC capability & are staying on-site (so have paid a lot!) they'll provide you with a NFC enabled admission card for you r park admissions / room access etc. If you still want MagicBands, they will be at a cost (whereas they used to be free if you stayed on-site).

This does beg the question of mobile phones on water rides... we got drenched on the Kali River Rapids - at least the MagicBands are 100% waterproof.
It's an update to MDE which adds your park ticket to the wallet app on Iphones and I would assume whatever the equivalent would be for other makes of smart phones.

Bump!

I bought the imagic £20 digital photos pass for my visit yesterday, where you add your photos to your phone. I do prefer the old Digipass system, as Imagic requires wifi to work. Most photo kiosks don't have a signal, so you're forced to memorize your photo number and add it when you're back in the main park and have a signal. You can get the staff member to scan your card though, then you scan that with your phone (you get a card with a QR code to add your first photo if you buy it at the Box Office or photo kiosk).

Towers really do need to sort out wi-fi coverage across the theme park.

Bump!

I bought the imagic £20 digital photos pass for my visit yesterday, where you add your photos to your phone. I do prefer the old Digipass system, as Imagic requires wifi to work. Most photo kiosks don't have a signal, so you're forced to memorize your photo number and add it when you're back in the main park and have a signal. You can get the staff member to scan your card though, then you scan that with your phone (you get a card with a QR code to add your first photo if you buy it at the Box Office or photo kiosk).

Towers really do need to sort out wi-fi coverage across the theme park.
This is progress???
The old bit of "raffle ticket" card you got at the top of the flume drop was a lovely souvenir for years!

This is progress???
The old bit of "raffle ticket" card you got at the top of the flume drop was a lovely souvenir for years!
THORPE pomvom have a decent solution using the former digipass kiosks,you enter your phone number, then photo number and it adds to the same account as on the I magic site