• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

IMAscore...overhyped?

Just because something is memorable doesn't mean it's good. Any old noise will become memorable the more times you hear it, indeed it's a fairly commonly noted fact that the more times you hear something, both the more you remember it and the more you like it.

I'd like you to show me a Facebook or Twitter review that compliments the music.

But it being good at creating the intended feelings in the guests is what makes it good. It sets the scene for the ride and considering the horrid lack of theming it does quite a good job.

this argument is like saying a steak dinner is better than macaroni cheese, so all meals need to be a steak dinner. sometimes what a ride needs is a decent sound scape, not the London Symphony Orchestra. And you only have to look at the production values of the Towers Street theme compared to The Smiler to see IMA do what they do well... Can others do it as well or better? Sure! But IMA have a successful business model.

Just because something is memorable doesn't mean it's good. Any old noise will become memorable the more times you hear it, indeed it's a fairly commonly noted fact that the more times you hear something, both the more you remember it and the more you like it.

I'd like you to show me a Facebook or Twitter review that compliments the music.

I can't be bothered to trawl through Facebook and Twitter to find such reviews but I'm 99% sure there will be compliments towards it. You're opinion is not that of everyone else's you know.

And The Smiler music isn't memorable just after hearing it several times. It is an instantly memorable piece of music, it gets stuck in your head. Pretty sure that's what they were going for. They didn't want a beautifully composed piece of music played by the world's finest orchestra that would debut on The Proms the night before The Smiler opened.

And whether it is 'good' or not is still a subjective opinion.

Heaven forbid I dare mention that IMAscore have released a Christmas CD, some here may have a heart attack at the prospect!

:)

Heaven forbid I dare mention that IMAscore have released a Christmas CD, some here may have a heart attack at the prospect!
:)

I'd buy it if it stopped the latest X-Craptor (oh, that sounds like a Merlin coaster theme) getting a Christmas No1!

:D

This seems like the best place to post this.

IMAscore are currently working on a project for Schwaben Park (no I've never heard of it either), in Germany. Could it be for a rollercoaster? Nope. A water ride? Nope. They are producing the onboard audio for... a pirate ship. Yes you read that correctly, a pirate ship.

Facebook link here.

I have fallen head over heals for IMAscore. As someone who loves score music like Two Steps From Hell I adore IMAscore. They just seem to capture the theme of a ride perfectly and create the soundtrack to match. I love the Taron Soundtrack and The Smilers but the Galactica soundtrack is my all time favourite piece of themepark music, I could listen to it all day. :D

Someone hold my jewellery... IMAScore's Smiler Theme an abomination?! :eek:

Each to their own but it certainly is one of their most requested park tracks from guests and enthusiasts to be released.

I know those who dislike IMAScore, aren't fussed about them and those who adore them. I am definitely a fan of their compositions. I can't wait to hear the final versions replace the demos and those yet to be debuted. If only one of the UK Merlin parks would take the plunge and release an IMAScore CD...

There's an audio bed that BT Sport sometimes use at the start of their UEFA Champions League show when they are building up the hype, that sounds very IMAscore. It's actually really good. Might have to ask the sound guys about it next time I'm on that show.