• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident In Woolwich & The Bigger Questions

Personally I would like to know exactly how many people know for a fact that if they saw two men hacking away at someone for no good reason would instinctively run directly at them unarmed. Maybe there was a big crowd, but the only way for them to have really stopped them would to have run at them together at the same time. That would require a hive mind.

I'd love to think I'd be as brave as the woman who ran to the mans aid. But in reality I don't know whether I would or not - most likely not.

Can't quite understand why people are talking about how people would have reacted in the North if it happened up there. It's easy to say what you would do/would've done but the truth is you just don't know. I won't say anymore on that because it's a whole other and quite pointless discussion.

I've been sickened by this incredibly barbaric act. Whilst I was skeptical at first about whether it was an act of terror rather than a murder, after seeing the disturbing video on ITV and further reports, it's an act of terror no question.

What I will say is that it's such a shame how skewed some people's perceptions on the world have become due to the media. Although not on my FB/Twitter feed, I've seen elsewhere people saying 'send them all back to their country' and other similar racist comments; it's painful and cringeworthy to read. Funnily enough, these are generally people who struggle to string a sentence together, can't spell and/or their grammar is worse than a 5 year old's.*

What we should remember is that in this world 99.999% of people are good, caring people and a lot of the good that people do for others gets overshadowed by the viruses that are present on our incredible planet.

My thoughts are with Lee Rigby's friends and family in such a difficult time. The vermin in this world will never bring us down, we will only get stronger and although you wouldn't wish it under these circumstances, it's reassuring to see the support for Lee Rigby, his family, and Help for Heroes thanks to huge increase of donations since this attack.

On a lighter note, I'll leave you with an observation I've made.

*I know my grammar isn't perfect, bt at leest its nt lyk dis nd dt u no?