• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The only shocking things about that is:
  1. It doesn't sound like a great advert from kellogs point of view
  2. It might change its name

Breaking news :

Shopper is "shocked and stunned" to see Kellogs cereal packets advertising The Smiler. Demands they are all removed and destroyed. Think of the children. They must be destroyed for the sake of all humanity blah blah blah blah. I really would love to meet people like these...... and put a bullet in their foreheads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ride-marmalises-body-supermarket-shelves.html

Gary, you regularly post links from the Daily Mail. They are almost always ridiculous, but you should probably just stop reading it. ;)

They most likely don't have an option for SNBO. I clicked report and it sent me and email that I'd changed it to 'always open' so whatever Mr Google.

Issues at Botton's Pleasure Beach now. A boy got trapped under a car on the ghost train attraction.

ITV News said:
A 6-year-old boy is said to have been seriously injured while riding on the ghost train at an amusement park in Lincolnshire.

The child was riding with his sister on the ghost train at Skegness resort Botton Brothers Pleasure Beach, when it is reported that he became trapped underneath one of the carriages just after midday on Monday.
stream_img.jpg

His father alerted staff after the boy failed to emerge from the ride, the Lincolnshire Echo reported. James Botton, the managing director of Pleasure Beach Amusements, told the paper: "We really do not know how he came to be out of the car."

The boy is said to have suffered back and stomach injuries and received treatment at the scene, before being airlifted to the Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham. His condition was described as conscious but distressed.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/20...under-ghost-train-at-lincolnshire-theme-park/

Not sure if this is good or bad for towers. It takes attention away from the smiler, and may potentially make some of the injurys on the smiler look less serious (depending on the seriousness of this) but it might make theme parks in general look dangous, and impact the popularity of both parks. Regardless, i hope the injury is not to bad, and he can recover quickly

It's irrelevant to Alton Towers and the Smiler. The circumstances of the accident are not known, however the evidence (the ride re-opening the next day despite HSE involvement) suggests that there was no malfunction or procedural failure.

No, I know what you mean, and I understand you, but the gp think "another accident at a theme park. They can't be safe now. I won't go to a theme park again."

No, I know what you mean, and I understand you, but the gp think "another accident at a theme park. They can't be safe now. I won't go to a theme park again."
I think this is exaggerating and perhaps being somewhat ignorant to the overall attitude of the general public towards theme parks following these accidents. Any reasonably level-headed person will be aware that these accidents, and certainly an accident as serious as The Smiler's, are rare.

I think this is exaggerating and perhaps being somewhat ignorant to the overall attitude of the general public towards theme parks following these accidents. Any reasonably level-headed person will be aware that these accidents, and certainly an accident as serious as The Smiler's, are rare.
I do agree, however I have witnessed a large percentage of people who I have shared words with, have been somewhat 'put off' by these stories, albeit the smiler being the main point of interest.

I've just come back from Florida, and actually overheard an american mentioning the smiler incident, then him and his family swiftly walking past The Hulk. Genuinely couldn't believe it. Most people I know, know I'm 'into roller-coasters' so love to constantly remind me of the smiler - it's still fresh in everyone's minds when 'Alton Towers' or 'Rollercoasters' are mentioned, and will be for a while still, I think.

I went to Thorpe park Friday. Saw was operating and I'm still alive.
They dispatch two trains at a time, I was on the first one and when we got back to the station we got kept at the end of the brake run, I was a little nervous as I knew there was another train behind me. Anyway we got off safe and I'm glad I rode it.
The axe on the indoor section before the drop wasn't working though, I got through off a bit as I know that's the dodgy bit and usually brace myself!

The axes themselves were working on Friday its the light that lights them up that's not working, I prefer to be on rows 3/4 on saw because we get to experience more of the story.

Not totally Smiler related but Kay has been up to her old tricks again. She asked a Labour MP the same question multiple times even though it had been answered the previous times. It ended with the MP asking "What's wrong with you" Good on her for speaking out against her!

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7854556

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.