• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Surley the have a spare train or two knocking about somewhere...o_O
Looking at the track today its starting to go a bit rusty
I'm sure for a few million they might be able to cobble together something... There's nothing "spare"!

Assuming they're the same as the new 16 seater models, potentially not that long? A few months or so?

I wouldn't imagine ordering new trains is anywhere near the top of the agenda at present though...?

Fixing or buying, it doesn't matter I suppose. It won't make a difference to them opening it this season (presuming this is where we're going with this, reading back a few pages?) - the removal of branding suggests the park are happy for it to sit as far under the radar as a hulking great twisted piece of steel can do for the time being.

I couldn't even speculate what the plans are for the trains.. It depends on when/if HSE release them.

I appreciate that is the theory - but I don't think it tends to operate like that.

Trains often get back to the brakes while the train in front is in the unload area - meaning the fifth train isn't adding capacity.
Unless there are two trains stacked before the load/unload area, the fifth train is still adding a little to throughput. If only the one train is stacked, then you're saving the time between dispaches that would be used waiting for the 4th train, so a slight throughput improvement.

I've had a lot of time to watch the ride run and I've noticed this, it has a multi-move function but for it to work a train has to be waiting on the point before the station before the one in the station gets dispatched , it works every time with 5 trains, but if it has 4 on sometimes the train doesn't stop before the station before the one in the station gets dispatched so the train waits until the station is empty before moving into it, only 1 or 2 seconds is lost if the function doesn't work but over 1 day that adds up.

On maximum capacity, it averages just over 1000 an hour (that means about 32 people, because it usually breaks down for most of that hour) you'd probably be looking at around 800 per hour with 4 cars. But then again, they would be using 3 which would dramatically decrease throughput to maybe 550. It wouldn't be worth queuing for.

On maximum capacity, it averages just over 1000 an hour (that means about 32 people, because it usually breaks down for most of that hour) you'd probably be looking at around 800 per hour with 4 cars. But then again, they would be using 3 which would dramatically decrease throughput to maybe 550. It wouldn't be worth queuing for.
Queues would probably be about the same as it was before the accident as much as the through put will be reduced a lot of people will be put off going on it so it would probably cancel it out.

The ride's popularity will be considerably reduced if and when it does reopen. Don't get ahead of yourself, it's unlikely to even be a relevant issue this season.

I really do think the 2 cars are a goner and they will either replace/mod the ones they have and replace the 2 ones from the accident. I think customer confidence would improve with redesigned cars, praying for a scarefest soft launch but I do think it will be a lot longer :(

Maybe fireworks, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Bigger possibility of FHT soft opening.
If they open The Smiler for FHT then they will need to open the rest of X-Sector for it to be worthwhile and getting the staff, meaning a completely new FHT altogether, which I just can't see them doing. It's more likely to be either Scarefest/Fireworks or the beginning of next season. :)

Not really completely change it. Oblivion was part of it a few years ago. I would love x-sector to be open, more than I'd like forbidden valley.

Slightly off topic but there is a chance of changes to FHT next year. With work taking place on the Air shop and new restaurant there is a decent chance that Air won't be open.

:)

Slightly off topic but there is a chance of changes to FHT next year. With work taking place on the Air shop and new restaurant there is a decent chance that Air won't be open.

:)
Ah yes, that is a good point. I forgot about Air Shop developments! :rolleyes:

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.