• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don't think it's desperation as such, testing during the day is a good way of soft launching the idea of it reopening soon, well played merlin. Nothing on the BBC etc yet though. Anyone on site counted how many cars are running? Is it one at a time?

928a42ca50aa1c3c0c672d91cb8926ec.jpg

THE SMILER IS TESTING

For all we know this could just be HSE running the ride to see how the new safety features that have been installed work. But I still think they are getting ready to re-open it very soon.

Reactions: Tom
It's not hse are finished with the site, that's why they closed the park.
The report hasn't gone public yet though.

If they wanted to know features work with no intention of reopening it soon then they'd do it over closed season, not now.

I'm unsure why people are stating things as fact when we don't actually know.

All we know as fact is some new sort of control panels have been installed, the track has been inspected, the ride has tested and now they're currently installing something on the vertical lift.

Do we actually know why it's now testing? Do we actually know if the investigation is ongoing or finished?

People are jumping the gun a little in my opinion.

Was that the theme music I could hear in the background, or just the trains going around the track? Can't work it out.

I'm unsure why people are stating things as fact when we don't actually know.

All we know as fact is some new sort of control panels have been installed, the track has been inspected, the ride has tested and now they're currently installing something on the vertical lift.

Do we actually know why it's now testing? Do we actually know if the investigation is ongoing or finished?

People are jumping the gun a little in my opinion.

The park responds on Twitter by describing the investigation as 'ongoing' and also as recently as this morning said that the ride is closed for the 'foreseable' future.

Was that the theme music I could hear in the background, or just the trains going around the track? Can't work it out.

Quite easy to work out it was the noise of the train. The soundtrack won't be turned on until the ride is open.

They are probably testing the new safety features they have been installing.

It wont reopen until the HSE report has been made public . It wouldnt surprise me if Towers contact the press themselves, tell them the findings of the report and what they have done to address them before they open the ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.