• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just a spur of the moment thought if Towers never planned on re-opening the ride this season would they have removed it from the park map or change wording to state that it is currently shut or would that cost too much for 4/5 months of the season remaining.

Phew, will let you off then.

The prohibition order will have been lifted some time ago, i would look to an imminent low profile opening, the signs and merch will reappear overnight and then it will be open, no fanfare, no build up, let the media do their thing now and not tarnish next season when building SW8 will be in full swing.

I wonder if the testing today was hoping to attract media attention and let them stand at the entrance waiting for an opening. Daft but not implausible.

No one has died on the big one, someone did die on space invaders at Blackpool.

The HSE site is updated in monthly intervals and I'm not altogether sure removal of orders is included. They will want to open it this year to contain the worst damage in an already written off year. The report will not come out prior as already mentioned there is a good chance a criminal case will be brought and they won't release it until it is either dropped or concluded which will be years away.

I expect it to open before scarefest.

I think it says on the HSE site issued notices to Merlin Entertainments (lists two on 3rd June) and nothing else

Just a spur of the moment thought if Towers never planned on re-opening the ride this season would they have removed it from the park map or change wording to state that it is currently shut or would that cost too much for 4/5 months of the season remaining.
They bring out new maps for scarefest so a good time for any changes needed to the map

If it doesn't open for Scarefest I imagine they'll just blur it out on the map and place some Scarefest marketing on top. Pretty simple to do.

Although personally I can see it opening by Scarefest.

We do not know if the notice has been lifted.

Notices aren't lifted until the HSE inspector's are that the ride can be operated as safely as reasonably practicable. This could take an hour, or it could take a year. I do suspect it has been lifted by now, and the opening date is in the hands of the PR calculators.

I wonder if today was a running demo to get the notices lifted. It is the first run since the installation of the stall checking point.

As for the additional parts on the walkway rails, this could be AT deciding to make off loading easier by removing the need for harnesses

Reactions: Tom
I'm 99% the new walkway rails has noting to do with getting the notices lifted as they were added to the final brake run last winter, I've even been let out of the train on the transfer track at the end of the day and used them.

Reactions: Tom
^ It seems that a lot of people are hallucinating the addition of things that were there previously.

I'm just waiting for someone to notice the large steel-legged device which has been installed to oversee the safe operation of the ride, pending its imminent reopening.

Id imagine due to long periods without riding even us enthusiasts can get confused and the deliberate looking for significant changes to the ride or ride procedure.

I think we just want it to open so much that we are looking for things that could show it opening, even if it's totally insignificant
Exactly. We've spent 3 months now in X Sector looking at a massive coaster and mourning to some effects and now with the testing every small detail now seems to be a change as we are now looking for changes.

I'm 99% the new walkway rails has noting to do with getting the notices lifted as they were added to the final brake run last winter, I've even been let out of the train on the transfer track at the end of the day and used them.

^ It seems that a lot of people are hallucinating the addition of things that were there previously.

The new walkway rails people are on about are not the ones on the final brake run. There are ones being installed on the brake run before the vertical lift hill, there were no walkway rails there previously, so that is new and not a hallucination. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.