• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There have been double oblivion staff all day today. New guys being trained up, its a bit late in season for complete new staff, will some old blivvy staff be moving to smiler :) hmmmm

Yeah, what I thought but why leave it there? As in train at the bottom of the lift, new blivvy staff is a sign, I did see some of the jobs that were previously on the Alton towers job site for ride hosts and operators went though :)

The park has closed for the day to the public. Lots of training will go on out of hours. The smiler will be carrying on testing this evening IMO.

There have been double oblivion staff all day today. New guys being trained up, its a bit late in season for complete new staff, will some old blivvy staff be moving to smiler :) hmmmm
No, it's about now that the new people come in to help run the park over Scarefest and Fireworks. I was part of that group last year!

Was really good to actually see it going round in person.
The lassie on the gate also thought so :D
Although she said they didnt know an opening date.
Their managers wouldnt tell them.
Hmmmm
.. The managers know... They know! :)

Great to see The Smiler testing again. Nothing is 100% safe, but Alton Towers have an enviable long term safety record, that compares favourably to driving, flying, just about everything.

Though statistically very safe I'm sure that AT have taken action to learn from this incident and make everything safer still. Anyone who has watched Aircraft Investigation on National Geographic will know that every properly investigated accident makes aviation safer.

I'm glad the people involved in the accident will receive the best care from Merlin and hope they can put this incident behind them.

AT deserve a second chance to run a successful business and I Hope the media will give it to them (but that may be wishful thinking).

Though The Smiler will never replace the awesome Nemesis as my number one, it is still a great coaster, disorientating in the extreme and I hope to ride it on my trip to this year's scarefest.

So don't worry fellow geeks, I'm excited too.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.