• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
i think this, but i must admit it is looking slightly less likely that we thought after it first started testing
Was always gona take time. Be interested to know if any more work has been carried out or if it's just been testing

Personally speaking, I think it's going to open towards the end of September/beginning of October.

Also gives enough time for the press to copy & paste their two page articles of dribble & gets the worst PR out of the way just in case it does effect Scarefest. Plus it gives people enough time to hear about it so they can then book or arrange a visit to ride it again.

I cant get my head around how busy towers is on a weekend in mid September-- its busy! when it was dead during the summer.
People are forgetting what happened.
Tough choice opening the ride and screwing visiting numbers now or nxt season:/

@bluesonichd Do you think them opening it will effect visiting numbers?
Yep. Ive seen the park getting busier and busier week on week.
Opening the ride and all the press coverage it will evoke will IMO only have a detrimental effect on numbers.
That being said opening next season will have the same effect.

The ride is testing again today with all 3 cars.

Had the danger of death plague been all over the fences for a while or are they new to The Smiler?

They didn't have those signs a few weeks back. As it wasn't operational.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.