• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Did someone say something about a pint?

Ooh back on track then, what changes have we seen so far? I know there's a new gantry and some mystery boxes in strategic places. As well as the strange white stick (I reckon it's a weather station but will stand corrected)...anything else?

Last edited:
It will reopen when Merlin, HSE and other parties agree that it is ready.

Cue pages and pages of debate about jolts, drainage, rust, upselling, faulty speakers , theming or lack of it and cattle pen queues.

Did I miss anything?

Could be either I guess, never thought of an antenna, I still feel it'll be something to measure the wind speed.

There is a cctv camera right underneath it so I doubt it is that.

Nothing worse than when you log on and see 46 new messages in this thread and get exited that is going to open only to read 3 pages of disrespectful and quite disgraceful talk about the victims :mad:

I only say the park are not at fault because it is the fault of the staff members. Not the park itself.

look have a life of being disabled, i wasn't always disabled. Things happen you deal with it.

she and her mother flat out denied that nick Varneys statement in which he says that money was only mentioned when they asked him about it, is untrue, and go on to say that was one of the first things he said, without being prompted. if that is not calling him a liar idon't know what is.

yes she is ungrateful. Not for the sarcasticreasons some people are suggesting i mean, but for the exemplary support the organisation have given her since.

Once again, biting the hand that feeds you springs to mind.

you have a right to disagree with me. I am looking at this objectively and without emotion.

i know what is like to be disabled for life after being fit and healthy, through no fault of my own.
I think we're forgetting here it's not hair a physical disability...imagine all the psychological side effects

Sounds logical to me.

They are certainly working hard to reduce stalling potential. Not because that was a cause of the crash, but for PR reasons it's more undesirable than ever now.

Could it be a mount for a high level CCTV camera, or a communications antenna for some reason....

I work in CCTV & I've never seen a mount like that for any CCTV camera, not to mention a high level one. The one's we use are mounted on a big steel bracket which are secured by 5/6 8 inch screws because they weight a fair bit. Plus the little white thing underneath the pole is a static camera so wouldn't make sense having two pointing in the same direction. As well it's highly unlikely to be a communications antenna as they'd have numerous fixed line communications along with hand held walkie talkies.

Who ever said about the weather station. I agree. To me it looks like a pole which will have a wind speed detector on top/attached to the side. Plus with the positioning of it (alongside the bat wing) would make sense after one of the alleged factors was high winds which pushed the empty train back causing the stall in the first place.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.