• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder if they are timing its lap times around the track with different weights to determine what would be an acceptable minimal weight during operation - so bit like Thirteen it wont run without so many people in a car.

Just a thought

I should imagine that the sensors on the track can provide that kind of information to view rather than just analyse it. There must be a reason for what they have been doing with the weights. I'd love to see some footage of how it looks going through the batwing

Obviously there are situations where it will be run/tested with an empty train. They are obviously assessing its stalling potential in these instances.

Yes it can, when I was there a couple of weeks ago they were running 2 trains but only putting punters in one of them
that's exactly the situation I've been in a few times going on thirteen last few weeks. I don't know why they do it, but it can definitely run empty

off topic but 13 can run empty.
It runs either empty or mostly full, never in between. The two trim brakes after the first drop can be retracted, but only for if and when there is no-one on the train. When it used to run in ERT (does it still?) then they'd only put people in every other car to actually let a queue build so there would be enough to get 18+ in, or a number close to that, from what I've seen anyway.

Perhaps opening it in scarefest wouldn't be that bad, let's face it, most people just want to it to open, the only people it would have against it are the people that are against it already, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, if it doesn't open for Monday, then I reckon they'll see how busy scarefest has been and if it's busy, not bother but if it flops, open it.

Could just be the social media team being bored for all we know.

We know that the ride is has been prepared to open, and they are waiting for the the green light from management. Why would they confirm with a few weeks left that they can open it?

That's an unusually blunt response from Towers. If The Smiler is definitely closed throughout Scarefest then there would not be all this testing and on-going work with the ride, especially with constantly reducing the number of dummies in the cars.

I think it just depends who's on at that particular point, some responses are more blunt than others, however if that response appears again tomorrow, I'll probably believe it. At the minute, not a chance.

This looks fake to me, the language used is blunt and there is not repeat of this other than the image someone has posted, been through all of today's posts and cant find anything that makes me think its real

Something may have recently come to light that has restricted them from opening the ride.
Having said that I had a feeling it wouldn't open till next year, I'm hoping I'm wrong though

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.