• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I have news on the other 2 victims. They are from my home town. The 27 year old man i lived next to for over 10 years. He is still in hospital. Hes serious but not too bad. Thats all ive heard regarding him. The 19 year old girl has basically lost a leg. She was given options on wether to amputate it or not. Thats all i know at the moment. Like i said they are from where i live which is 40 mins away from AT.
That's really good of you to post that here! Thanks mate! Really appreciate that.

The reporting on Midlands Today just now was very good.

A man from industry said he was very impressed with the response from the park.

Well the guy has two broken legs, the girl had a big open wound on her leg so not in the best of shape! They were the two people on the right of the front row.

The bad part is, no e-stop on the bat wing. Maybe I'm wrong but I still hear the "Stop the ride!" screams in my head :(

If you were on the ride, I think the fear would be another car running into the back of you, hence the panic "stop the ride" shout. I'm amazing no one was filming it, the amount of videos online of the Smiler and the amount of people with phones on them, yet no footage of the accident as such.

Funny enough, the talk of the girl bleeding badly, I gave blood 3 weeks ago, it took just 6 minutes to lose a pint of blood through the needle. Amazed me how quickly your body can lose blood, so if she had open wounds, just goes to show how quickly someone could bleed to death.

If you were on the ride, I think the fear would be another car running into the back of you, hence the panic "stop the ride" shout. I'm amazing no one was filming it, the amount of videos online of the Smiler and the amount of people with phones on them, yet no footage of the accident as such.

Funny enough, the talk of the girl bleeding badly, I gave blood 3 weeks ago, it took just 6 minutes to lose a pint of blood through the needle. Amazed me how quickly your body can lose blood, so if she had open wounds, just goes to show how quickly someone could bleed to death.
Man. And of course the ride tries to continue due to the computer onboard but just keeps rocking back and forward. Hopefully the report is released soon. :(

just throwing this to the floor i think its the weight and speed of the first car (it does go pretty slow over the first batwing inversion when it goes around light.

The 2 people on the right are the ones i know. So that sounds right. The girl with the open wound on her leg looks to be going to lose her leg.

The 2 people on the right are the ones i know. So that sounds right. The girl with the open wound on her leg looks to be going to lose her leg.
:( All my feelings are with the people on the ride, If you look on the collision footage you can see their legs getting crushed, the gory detail. :(

Strong Language Warning, Raw Camera Footage.

just throwing this to the floor i think its the weight and speed of the first car (it does go pretty slow over the first batwing inversion when it goes around light.

It's pretty much a given that the fact the train was unloaded and it was windy caused the first train to stall - there's not really much to speculate on that front. The issue is why a loaded train was allowed onto the circuit despite the first train valleying and not passing the relevant sensors.

I think this show how British media over exaggerates everything. Is it seriously going to effect park reputation... No. Are people not going to ride The Smiler... No. Are all theme parks now dangerous and could kill us without warning... No. By that logic the millions of people who take a plane are going to get fatally injured.

People are still riding the Runaway Mine Train, and it was a more unfortunate accident than this, In the grand scheme of things as insensitive as it may sound... No one lost their life. The people riding were unfortunately very lucky indeed.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.