• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I didnt want to read the article but did :(
We all hark on about when the smiler will open , me included, and sometimes slightly forget how much it has effected peoples lifes.

The article was so bad, really makes you shudder and really think about it. Puts things completely into perspective.

Reading that article was so saddening, how she had so many plans for the summer and everything, not to mention her family having to move house because of her injuries, her reactions of how upset she was when she found her leg amputated are deep,y saddening.

I guess it's just a miracle and relief though that she survived this especially hearing how she got close to death several times which would've made things far far worse for everything.

Least she is slowly recovering though.

I can't even imagine how I'd react if I was in her situation. I don't think I'd keep it together as well as her though :(

I know that it is sad about the things that happened but I hate the fact that some of the press keep on showing their faces on the papers to manipulate the emotions of its readers. I blame the mirror for most of these.

Dont you think it is heartbreaking for the victims as the press keeps on reminding them about the accident, every single day?

To be fair in this case it looks like Leah has approached the media to 'tell her story'. Can't blame her really, get a bit of dosh out of the media.

I agree though with the coverage as a whole, I wouldn't fancy my face being plastered all over the web after I nearly lost my life.

Has John Wardley said anything about the incident?

i know it has nothing to do with him, i was just curious if he had mentioned it.

or if he is keeping a low profile as to not get asked anything, or drop AT in it.

He has said nothing and I'm not sure he would have anything to say anyway. Technically he has retired now anyway so unless someone went and found his house I'm not sure anyone would have the chance to ask him anything about it.

:)

I really wouldnt expect him to say anything about it. No doubts he has his own thoughts on it but it wouldnt be right for him to make them public.

The best time for it to re open is either September, or the gap in between scare fest and fireworks, thats an interesting read, so is it once it has been proven that it's very unlikely/impossible to collide again it can re open. I reckon if it opens this season it will reopen on reduced capacity in the scarefest and fireworks gap, on 2 or 3 trains as I doubt they would want to run it on that low capacity in the biggest event of the year (I doubt they will have new trains by then anyway.)

They both have the same issue number so I think that's the same prohibition order but with two breaches on one order so it's listed twice.

Also, there are two notices issued on the same day, I wonder if another ride was subject to a prohibition notice?
http://www.hse.gov.uk/notices/breach/breach_list.asp?ST=B&SN=F&EO==&SF=NN&SV=306419423

They are just the breaches - they breached two parks of the Health and Safety at Work Act. The notice isn't really anything of interest, it is just what we already knew. Also confirms that there were no improvement notices served in the days following the incident.

:)

So what's everyone's opinion then? Will it open or will it be closed for the "foreseeable future"?
However,if it does re-open will there be a name change or just tone done on the theme?

I personally want it to re-open. No name change. No tone down.

It's horrible what happened to Leah & everyone else that day but closing it, changing/toning down the theme won't change the fact the accident happened.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.