• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Instant Escape Week

Jack_TPW said:
I am only saying that because the woman shown in the video has been identified as Alton Towers staff undercover.....Thats how I imagine it will work. To the GP it will still appear like someone has won the prize and noone will really expect to win it anyway.

Perhaps but that could have been filmed merely for promotional purposes - it was not in the specified week when they said they would give stuff away.

I guess we will have to watch the Facebook wall and see if any 'average Joe' guest posts something like -

-THANKYOU ALTON TOWERS! JUST WON £1,000!!!-

I cant imagine Alton Towers being allowed to give £8,000 away considering the amount of budget cuts and such that Merlin have been enforcing on them throughout the course of this season.

Jack_TPW said:
I guess we will have to watch the Facebook wall and see if any 'average Joe' guest posts something like -

-THANKYOU ALTON TOWERS! JUST WON £1,000!!!-

They could easily have a member of staff post exactly that. All they have to do is remove their job occupation from their page and nobody would notice, nor care.

True but I dont think the staff are going to want to bother with that faff if it is a staged undercover competition, but even if they did, surely someone that knows them would comment back saying - Dont you work there?
Its a very interesting new marketing idea that they have put forward, I guess we will have to just wait and see. :p The solid proof would be if won of you lot win it.

As The Psychoaster said, it could of been done merely for promotional purposes.

Or the winner could be a ex member of staff, that Sir Edward England did not know. stranger things have happened.

This clearly is a genuine competition, suggestions that it is all being staged by Towers appear quite desperate. It clearly states the following in the terms and conditions:

"This prize draw is only open to Alton Towers Theme Park visitors who hold or have purchased tickets or annual passes for visit on the dates of the prize draws, and are UK residents, excluding employees of Merlin Entertainments Group, their families or anyone else connected with this promotion."

AND

"From 14th July 2013, the name of the winners may be obtained by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to:£1000 Prize Draw, Alton Towers Resort, Alton, Staffordshire ST10 4DB "

So you can find out who has won and see if they have ever worked for Merlin. If the person in the video was a member of staff undercover then chances are it was set up that day for promotional purposes so that the video could be made, as it was not part of the official Instant Escape Week then this is not a problem at all. This will of course all be genuine, they would not risk having it all fixed as it could have massive repercussions.

:)

Jack_TPW said:
I am only saying that because the woman shown in the video has been identified as Alton Towers staff undercover.....Thats how I imagine it will work. To the GP it will still appear like someone has won the prize and noone will really expect to win it anyway.

Where has she been identified as such? That is nonsense and you can't just go around saying it, it's slanderous. Just because you are online using a false name does not mean you can say what you like, be careful.

It is clearly a properly organised, run and legal competition. And is brilliant.

Jack_TPW said:
I cant imagine Alton Towers being allowed to give £8,000 away considering the amount of budget cuts and such that Merlin have been enforcing on them throughout the course of this season.
You'd be surprised.

The £8,000 is a part of the marketing teams budget for 2012, they have chosen to use this part of their budget for this summer campaign. Just because there are budget cuts does not mean Alton will not or cannot give away £8,000. Unless you know the full budget the marketing team gets on average each year you can't really comment on it.

It's a marketing campaign. Just like last years 'All Time Greats' campaign, clearly the marketing team wish to run a big campaign this summer and I have a feeling this one will run all through the summer, with possibly other give aways till the end of August.

The woman in the video is not an Alton Towers staff member undercover, Alton Towers are not 'acting' it, otherwise I'm sure they'd be breaking some rules there. It is a real competition.

Jack_TPW said:
They will simply put in staff/actors undercover to act as guests and pretend to receive the award. Thats basically it.

As it stands, anyone acting as someone (for example an actress assuming the role of a nurse in a toothpaste advert) must clearly now state in the advert they are "acting as" or "a representation of a..." etc so this is not a staff cover-up or an actors gimmick. Seeing as this is a genuine competition, the rules apply to that video too.

Slightly off topic but...

Does anyone notice how he said Oblivion is 60 meteres high? Making it 196ft... 4 feet off being a hyper!

I think it's a great idea personally...little bit original and as someone already said, it would come from the marketing budget-and £8,000 isn't a fat lot in marketing terms.

Alas, some people have to moan about everything though!

Someone else has won, whilst queuing for Ice Age!

7e30f0886fb64f52bcce39d.png

Will there be another video on Youtube, similar to last time?

EDIT: Here you go...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LJ9QAmUNpo&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Did one on Sub-Terra today - the reactions are so much better now!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhEeLYFoCjc&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linwhOi1_qI&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

Shame we couldn't get a good Roger Craig Smith impersonator. Jenny James and Sonic is the best crossover ever. But it seems a little rushed this one, but I guess the sound would be horrible on the video due to Spinball's noise.

I'm hoping for a family to get it next in a family area. RMT with Choo Choo celebrations maybe?

Also, it seems like a stupid question but does "until Sunday July 15th" mean there will be one at that date. I'm going with a mate, so we won't get it but I would like to see if I can spot them!

Instant Escape Week

I was watching The Curse of the Red Skull on Sunday afternoon & they gave away £1000 then, to a completely bewildered woman in the crowd - was hilarious to watch!

Brilliant promotion I think, and so do the guests!

Stelios said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=linwhOi1_qI&feature=g-all-u[/youtube]

Shame we couldn't get a good Roger Craig Smith impersonator. Jenny James and Sonic is the best crossover ever. But it seems a little rushed this one, but I guess the sound would be horrible on the video due to Spinball's noise.

I'm hoping for a family to get it next in a family area. RMT with Choo Choo celebrations maybe?

Also, it seems like a stupid question but does "until Sunday July 15th" mean there will be one at that date. I'm going with a mate, so we won't get it but I would like to see if I can spot them!

Yeah it said they extended it, so they will give one away on that day :)

Alton Towers have just posted this video of Iva Chek's day on park!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2bH9NhxNB4&[/youtube]

Brilliant if you ask me!

:)

EDIT: Is this post showing up for people? All I get when I post it is a big blank space where the video is meant to be, and the smily at the end is appearing as text and not in the style they should appear of the forum. If it is not working properly, the video can be found here.

Re: Instant Escape Week

I'm on tapatalk and I can see it, obviously can't view the video at the momment.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

it isnt showing up for me, ive had a play and cant seem to get it to work either. Ive reported the issue to a grown-up.

Just edited your post Rob - video should now be showing. :)

Love the ending 'oooooohh, new ride...'. Nice little touch towards SW7. :p