• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Is Hyperia your top UK coaster?

Is Hyperia your top UK coaster?

• Total voters
No. It's top 3 but unfortunately it's too short (for the ride type and the speed). The rubbish theming and finish to the ride area detracts from it also.

Pretty much in line with this.

It is UK top 3 certainly, to be honest my top few in the UK are probably interchangeable. The theming is weak/non existent, landscaping of the ride awful, duration painfully short and the trim really ruins any sort of finale.

The first 27 seconds are wonderful though, some lovely airtime, floating and manouvres.

It does not come close to threatening my global top 10 at all but I recognise it's good to have a major, modern coaster like this in the UK.

I'd say that it's probably my current second-favourite after The Smiler, although I haven't been to that many theme parks outside of Alton Towers and Thorpe Park in a while (and almost none overseas). Me rating it so highly could just be the novelty factor, though, and so I might feel differently in a few years' time if it doesn't age that well (for instance: I recently enjoyed the 21-year old Nemesis Inferno a lot more than I thought I would, even though - in 2006 - I may have rated the newly-launched Stealth higher). Icon/Enso at Blackpool would probably be my only non-Merlin ride to possibly crack my UK top 5.

Had my first ride on Hyperia a few days ago and it’s hard to say if it’s my favourite UK coaster or not. What there is of it is great and better than anything else we have here, yet it feels like it’s missing the final third of ride. It just ends so abruptly it almost feels unfinished. I came off of my first ride thinking “that’s great but it’s no Shambhala”. And by my third ride I wasn’t sure if I preferred it over even Hyperion and Kondaa which both feel like more rounded layouts.

On the other hand Nemesis Reborn feels very much like a complete ride. It has a very clever layout and the way that it gives you the sensation that it’s gathering momentum as it goes on is brilliant. For me it’s an almost perfect 9.5/10 coaster in terms of what it does, whereas Hyperia is a very good but flawed 8/10 as it could have been so much better. Yet weirdly, I think I prefer what there is of Hyperia as it’s more my kind of thing, so I’ll give Break Run: The Ride the nod as my favourite UK coaster, but not necessarily “the best” one.

Last edited: