• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Is there a way we could get an Out and Back coaster at AT?

At AT, we are priveleged to have some great coasters, the pinacle of which being the mighty Nemesis.

Though world class in so many ways, some of Towers coasters can be a little on the short side, with The Smiler being an attempt to correct this.

The Smiler has a good ride time, and a good length, but it is still a compact coaster, squeezing a huge amount of track into a relatively small area.

AT could really use an out and back coaster, one that travels a considerable distance before coming back again, to the extent that the bulk of the ride is not visible from the queue or the start.

An example would be, The Voyage at Holiday world, or The Ultimate in the UK.

Of course AT has those well known planning restrictions, meaning that large parts of the topography which would be ideal for a terrain hugging coaster, cannot be used, and the height restriction which would necessitate multiple lift hills or launches.

The obvious candidate would be across the the valley between FV and DF, but we all know that this could never happen.

The flume site could have the making of an out and back coaster stretching from Mutiny Bay, across Katanga Kanyon and up to FV, but the plans we have seen of SW8 so far seem another rather more modest compact design.

Another candidate would be to utilise the huge perimeter of the car parks with a ride beginning at a station inside the theme park, in FV , but travelling outside the theme park, past the hotels, round the outside of the car parks then back to forbidden valley.

Alternatively, a coaster just outside the edge of the smiler, outside enterprise, round the bottom of XSector, round the outside of Oblivion and using the narrow strip of land behind the towers for the outward journey and return between XSector and Coaster Corner (almost certainly impossible due to the proximity of Coaster Corner to local houses).

So the questions remain.

Will AT ever get an out and back coaster, is it even possible and if it is, how could it be achieved?

No. The only real options are the valley, which I think was tried and got a cold reception, hence the planning withdrawal and possibly a large coaster on the air car park dipping into the woods.

I can't see the car park ever becoming a coaster. If they wanted too they would have designed the fv woodie to go on there. Says to be they have hotel / resort plans for that site

I have to say I cannot see many more places for a coaster to fit in which should lead to Greater creativity with their rides moving forward

The type of layout isn't everything. I don't recall people praising The Ultimate for being an out and back, more for praising how it is insane and how it wants to kill people/deer/H+S Inspectors. Out and backs also usually have a large lift to give the required speed to allow it to wander off through an area and one thing Towers don't have is height

I have to say I cannot see many more places for a coaster to fit in which should lead to Greater creativity with their rides moving forward

It does seem to look that way.

If the valley is out of the question then after SW8 is built on the flume site we are basically left only with Forbidden Valley for future development.

There is Katanga Canyon/Gloomy Wood, but unless the mine train was removed I think lack of space would be too big an issue.

You could easily fit a coaster in Katanga and one on gloomy wood. Fv has two places for one. My point was that they don't have much more open space. Anything build will interact with its surroundings well