• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kings Island: General Discussion

You know when you try to overhype a secret element so much expectations go up and disappointment happens?

Yeah, that...

Thing is... this is actually worse than Th13teen. At least Th13teen was something new. This is just a nicely themed ending. Odd.

[Clearly, the coaster is miles better than Th13teen)

Probably the best GCI not in Asia, incredible layout and pacing. An undoubtably, I would rather have this layout and an underwhelming secret feature unlike vice versa with Thirteen.

That ending is just bizarre...give props for Cedar Fair attempting that on a coaster of theirs, but they've ballsed it up a bit...

At least the actual coaster looks superb, especially for a family GCI!

It feels like the designer had one idea and the marketing team had a completely different idea. It looks like a fun coaster, but I think we were expecting a bit more inside the shed.

The coaster looks really good and that is the most important thing here, love the airtime filled layout.

The shed enabled them to take a different marketing approach and build up some hype. We should probably praise Cedar Fair for having a go at a themed experience rather than just a coaster with a nice entrance sign. However the shed does look hilariously awful!

:)

I honestly thought GCI had made a Th13teen inspired woodie, especially with the name Mystic Timbers.

I can honestly say I was speechless, the hype of 'entering the shed' followed by what happens is just bizarre! o_O

As you may be aware, there has been a lot of speculation over the previous months about what Kings Island have in the pipeline as their next major project, potentially set to be in 2020.

Posters have been popping up at Cedar Point that have links to Kings Island, however Cedar Fair are the ultimate trolls and know exactly what they are doing, so these could mean nothing!

Screamscape seem to think that the park could be getting a Giga coaster. And Kings Island have submitted new paperwork to the local county regarding future construction at the park. This includes a list of contractors for the projects:

db_2018_0816_2020Permit1.jpg

Now unless B&M have moved in to the vintage cars market, it does seem that a B&M is on the cards for 2020!

So, a bit like Cedar Point, Kings Island set up a graveyard of sorts for rides/coaster that have left the park. This year a new burial plot has appeared, with a sign stating that one of their rides will be closing on 28 October:

There are 11 chairs set out also, which could well mean something.

Speculation is rife, with many thinking that they could be removing Firehawk. This would make a lot of sense; it's old, uncomfortable, not overly popular and Vekoma apparently no longer make parts for these models. Firehawk would also make the perfect location for the station of a B&M Giga coaster which could then run out and back behind Banshee!

Exciting times ahead.

EDIT:

Kings Island have confirmed that it will be one of their coasters that is closing, and will be announcing which later this week.

Last edited:
I hope they'll keep at least one around for a bit longer. I haven't tried one, but they look fun. Vertical loop and corkscrew in flying trains? Yes please :D

I hope they'll keep at least one around for a bit longer. I haven't tried one, but they look fun. Vertical loop and corkscrew in flying trains? Yes please :D

One of the absolute worst experiences, Firehawk properly made me sick afterwards, even worse than how I felt after Tatsu...

Midway Mayhem have paid a visit to Clermont Steel Fabricators (the place where B&M track is fabricated). It is thought that the track in the below photos is for a Giga Coaster:

59183171_2334997703412501_5727346177775501312_o.jpg

59599441_2334998563412415_6805984152823791616_o.jpg

Obviously we cannot be certain that it is for a Giga, and we cannot assume that it is going to Kings Island. But things are adding up nicely!