• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kings Island: General Discussion

Looks great that, lot of time for coasters like this, pure airtime machine sticking close to the terrain, boss.

I really like the look of this. It's nice to see some attempt of theming from Cedar Fair, and with theme, it reminds me of The Beast, so can we call "The other Son of Beast"? :p

I love the layout. The out and back element of it all looks really neat. Should be another great addition to King's Island already impressive coaster lineup.

Reactions: CGM
I really like the look of this. It's nice to see some attempt of theming from Cedar Fair, and with theme, it reminds me of The Beast, so can we call "The other Son of Beast"? :p
Stepchild of Beast perhaps?

It's refreshing to see something a bit different from GCI. They were beginning to look a bit outmoded when compared to RMC.

Reactions: Ted
Stepchild of Beast perhaps?

It's refreshing to see something a bit different from GCI. They were beginning to look a bit outmoded when compared to RMC.
How is this something abit different? It's basically a clone of Prowler what opened over 8 years ago... There's nothing wrong with Prowler at all, but this ride is just standard for GCI.

Let's see if they can beat dark forests attempt at vines taking over.;)

This looks like a good mid range ride for Kings Island, lots of air time hopefully.

Mystic Timbers is coming along nicely:

Cu1DyCHWIAAYiYK.jpg

CuyDyRRWIAAmDN-.jpg

CuyDySZWIAAiL-U.jpg

Source

Still no clearer as to what is in the shed though!

:)

Some kind of show I reckon, or some kind of trick track element. I don't think it will be a drop though. The level between the track entering the shed and the station seem to close to make any effect.
A possible tilt track could possibly work.

A couple of great aerial photos of Mystic Timbers:

C3_P37aWcAEt2wD.jpg

C3_P4eGWYAAeZJe.jpg

Source

Looking very good indeed. No signs of what is in the shed, although the turn into the station does look suspiciously tight for a wooden coaster!?

Mystic Timbers has completed its first test run:

Lovely for the first run, some nice speed into the hill. Hopefully it won't be long until we get a POV and then find out what on earth is in that damn shed!

A POV has been released by the park, it looks fantastic with loads of airtime and excellent pacing.

Unfortunately no sign of what's in the shed, the video ends before anything can be seen.

Now THATS a good Wooden coaster! And thats not including what may or may not be in a shed...

What's in the shed....
Enter into a themed area which theatrical lighting. Music plays. 2 video screens, 1 in front 1 on the side. 3D video plays on both. Different videos contain either vampire bats or the evil tree.