• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kings Island: General Discussion

Personally thought Magnus was a great ride….
I know it’s closed but is it still SBNO

I remember early Terra Mitica, about 3-4 years in. Thought it was a great park.

we used to have a place near Benidorm (Altea) so visited regularly. It’s amazing to see its decline.
Slightly off topic but I've thought for a while that Looping Group (the ones who know own Drayton) should buy Terra Mitica. RMC Magnus Collosus and maybe some other family rides and such like and you've got a solid park. Stick a next gen Vekoma in and you've got a top park in Spain.

Slightly off topic but I've thought for a while that Looping Group (the ones who know own Drayton) should buy Terra Mitica. RMC Magnus Collosus and maybe some other family rides and such like and you've got a solid park. Stick a next gen Vekoma in and you've got a top park in Spain.
You'd have a better park but it would still suffer from the issues plaguing the current offering, to the point where I am not sure you'd get a return.

Not directly related to the park, but I just watched this interesting video:

On the 14th of May, 1988, a group from the Radcliff First Assembly of God Church spent the day at the Kings Island Amusement Park in Ohio. The trip went well, and when the group piled back onto the church’s yellow school bus in the evening they were exhausted but blissfully happy. As they set off on their return journey, however, they had no idea that the actions of just one man would mean that more than a third of their number would never make it home.

Heartbreaking. :(

Visited last week, I'd been at the park in 2019 and The Beast left me decidedly unimpressed. The work they've done to it has improved it no end and my daytime ride was loads of fun.

Finished my day with the legendary last ride of the night on the beast. Wow! What an experience flying through the forest in the pitch black and into the tunnels and helices.

Orion was a pretty good addition, however for a park that already had Diamondback it felt like more of the same only slightly bigger and longer. They should've got Intamin to build a bigger Hyperion so you'd still have some big drops and hills, but also some low to the ground speed elements.

A person with a gun was arrested at Kings Island yesterday. Multiple fights also broke out at the same time.
EDIT: As the article doesn't mention the fights, apparently the fight was in Coney Mall and a female guest was arrested.

Kings Island have announced a Vekoma Family Boomerang, called Snoopy's Soapbox Racers. Screenshot_2023-08-10-18-36-44-440_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

Noticeably the Vekoma family suspended coaster (Aerial Chase) next to it is now a green track in the videos when it's currently yellow in real life.
That's interesting, and seems to suggest a repaint of that attraction.