• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Knott's Berry Farm: General Discussion

I believe there are certain representatives in the California state legislature who are very anti-amusement park, not exactly sure why or the ins and outs but that definitely seems to be the case at the moment.
Given that California is one of the most theme park centred states in America (arguably the most theme park centred besides Florida), I find that very interesting.

Southern California in particular could almost be argued as an “Orlando of the West Coast”, with many pretty substantial theme park heavyweights concentrated within a fairly small area around Los Angeles.

Surely California governors would want to support such a substantial bastion of California tourism?

Last edited:
Given that California is one of the most theme park centred states in America (arguably the most theme park centred besides Florida), I find that very interesting.

Southern California in particular could almost be argued as an “Orlando of the West Coast”, with many pretty substantial theme park heavyweights concentrated within a fairly small area around Los Angeles.

Surely California governors would want to support such a substantial bastion of California tourism?
If the US was a sensible democratic country you'd be correct Matt however most American politicians are rather fanatical and mostly rather stupid. Look at trump for a prime example. They don't do something because it makes sense. I don't know a lot about the state governments but it seems like they are just trying to find things to legislate on, hence why they've gone for legislation that's overly bureaucratic in an attempt to give themselves a job. They clearly haven't done much research because if they had they'd understand that there was no need for OTSR's on a certain type of launch coaster, also why have they gone that in depth on a particular sort of ride? Like most US lawmakers and legislative bodies (or in fact the whole government structure) it's a complete mess.

That will be premier trains for the redo of this coaster so we have gone from a traditional ride to one with LSMs and “comfort collars”…. Great

Ah yes, and the cheap and flimsy head pieces that can be pulled off the seat with minimal effort. Premier. The pinnacle of quality.

That will be premier trains for the redo of this coaster so we have gone from a traditional ride to one with LSMs and “comfort collars”…. Great
The alternative was likely a scrap yard ... Nagashima has the only operating Shuttle Loop with a Flywheel.

Stuff doesn't last forever.

Why didn't they go with Gerstlauer like Psyke Underground? Seems the better choice to me.

I agree! Rather than a premier refurb use Gerstlauer. The ride still had the original trains just modified (still with a lap bar restraint) but was changed to LSM launch

I don't know how much truth there is in the suggestion that California insists on looping rides having OTSRs .. but it could be plausible.

California has some strange code, Windseeker had lots of issues in this regard, to the point where Cedar Fair gave up on it and sent it to World's of Fun.