Knott's Berry Farm: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Sam, 15th Aug 2012.

1. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I watched it test on Wednesday and it looked slightly slower than on that POV. It certainly seemed to be living up to its name, though no doubt with loaded trains and having run in a bit it'll be a fair bit faster

2. BigAl

BigAl TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Forbidden Journey
    I can only hope a UK coaster gets this light setup in the near future because it looks so spectacular! Looks like it'd suit Europa Park's Blue Fire too. Imagine the track illuminating just behind the train! :eek:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posted 5th Jul 2018
  3. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    @BigAl I feel like you're baiting a conversation about how parks in the UK never open at night!

BigAl likes this.
    Posted 8th Jul 2018
  4. BigAl

BigAl TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Forbidden Journey
    Well Thorpe and the PB have enough late openings to warrant this, and Adventure Island too for that matter! Retrofit Rage, tbh! ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rick likes this.
    Posted 8th Jul 2018
  5. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Or maybe Smiler could receive lighting like this during Scarefest...

Robert.W likes this.
    Posted 9th Jul 2018
  6. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Just been thinking, what do you think Knott's nest coaster move will be, personally i think Coast Rider might be removed and relocated to another park or Pony Express potentially?!

7. Maelstrom

Maelstrom TowersStreet Member

I can't see coast rider going anytime soon, its not that old and doesn't take up too much space. Having been a few times now to Knotts I really like the park, its a much nicer park than Magic Mountain. I like the fact the park has a good mix of rides for all ages. They certainly have been focusing on the family market for the last 15 years, with the odd exception like HangTime. I also like how they have also focused money on reforming and plusing older rides (rapids, logflume and mine ride)

There has been rumours that the park where looking at moving some of the back of house areas/buildings behind the rapids and somehow expanding in that area. So pony express could potentially go if they wanted a coaster to start in the existing park and then extend over the rapids into the current back of house area. Previously there had been rumours the park had looked at a B&M hyper/giga starting in the existing park and then extending into the back of house area and carpark. With the current situation, I can't see the park adding annoying major for a while yet.

8. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Yh i heard the B&M hyper rumours as well and it's more likely to be pony express despite Coast Rider being out of place or slightly unnecessary imo and it's not great from what i've heard the restraints aren't great! But yh it'll be a while before they get their next coaster i'm saying probably 2024!

9. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Coast Rider's restaints, well the leg guards, are horrenous. It makes it by far the worst Mack Wild Mouse I have ridden.