• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lagoon: General Discussion

Last piece of track going into place today:

11041820_10152633144237823_2910658094067086629_n.jpg

10557224_10152633491587823_438395876745318444_n.jpg

11034257_10152634968937823_2422371080412037862_n.jpg

You can also see how good the waterfall feature looks.

:)

I always find it difficult to get REALLY excited about coasters I have practically no intention of riding in the near future or even next 10 years. Exceptions apply, of course.

Shame as I would probably be fapping about this if I was going to Lagoon anytime soon.

I figured you guys would like to see this video Lagoon posted to their Youtube Channel.

Also, Cannibal has 4 Inversions with the Inverting Loop, Diving Loop, and Double Reverse Barrel Rolls. :)

That final helix is going to be pretty intense. No doubt it will pick up speed as testing progresses.

Looks a bit naff in that video, will have to wait for it to warm up properly before bashing it properly

I really like the layout! Especially the drop and the helix which look insane.

Once again, the measly looking Eurofighter-style cars make this look like a toy rather than the massive coaster it actually is. Doesn't really look groundbreaking either way tbh.

Once again, the measly looking Eurofighter-style cars make this look like a toy rather than the massive coaster it actually is. Doesn't really look groundbreaking either way tbh.
Especially considering this is the LARGEST Turnkey Roller Coaster Project outside of the Walt Disney Company, Designed by one of the Most Famous Roller Coaster Designers with Locations on just about Every Continent, and is only the Tallest Roller Coaster with the Steepest Beyond Vertical Drop in the WORLD, and the 3rd Steepest Roller Coaster Drop in the World......naw, nothing Ground Breaking There. ;).

is only the Tallest Roller Coaster with the Steepest Beyond Vertical Drop in the WORLD, and the 3rd Steepest Roller Coaster Drop in the World......naw, nothing Ground Breaking There. ;).

Technically you're right, that is nothing groundbreaking as we've seen all that before :p

Now Skyscraper will be truly groundbreaking.

I can't wait to watch this once it's settled in and is running up to speed.

Especially considering this is the LARGEST Turnkey Roller Coaster Project outside of the Walt Disney Company, Designed by one of the Most Famous Roller Coaster Designers with Locations on just about Every Continent, and is only the Tallest Roller Coaster with the Steepest Beyond Vertical Drop in the WORLD, and the 3rd Steepest Roller Coaster Drop in the World......naw, nothing Ground Breaking There. ;).

What does "largest turnkey roller coaster project outside of the Walt Disney Company" mean? That doesn't sound at all impressive either given that Disney are not known in any way for producing tall or fast roller coasters.

Who cares if it is groundbraking or not? A good coaster is a good coaster. A bad coaster is a bad coaster. A bad coaster can be grounbraking. At the end of the day if it rides well and is thrilling who cares!

What does "largest turnkey roller coaster project outside of the Walt Disney Company" mean? That doesn't sound at all impressive either given that Disney are not known in any way for producing tall or fast roller coasters.
It's a posh fanboy way of saying "this was designed and built in-house"

It's a posh fanboy way of saying "this was designed and built in-house"
Cannibal was Designed In House, but they've Contracted all of the Components out to Various Vendors, like Art Engineering GmbH, Intermountain Lift, Inc, Actemium Controlmatic GmbH, etc., thus making it a Turnkey Project. Technically, Lagoon is the Manufacturer of both BomBora and Cannibal. There's no other park in the World capable of doing what Lagoon has done with Cannibal. :)

Technically there are plenty of parks capable of pulling something like that off, they just haven't chosen to do so.

As mad as this coaster is, I don't see anything groundbreaking about it.

Reactions: Dar
Technically there are plenty of parks capable of pulling something like that off, they just haven't chosen to do so.
If John Wardley is still on the Payroll at Alton Towers, that would make it the only other park in the world that has an experienced roller coaster designer on Staff, and Lagoon has 2. There are many parks that could build something in a turnkey fashion like Cannibal, but most don't see the benefit of acting as a Ride Manufacturer designing a coaster in house and contracting out the various components to many vendors, as that's pretty much what ride manufacturers are. Lagoon wanted a one of a kind coaster where they had control of every aspect of the project, and that's what they've done. :)

As mad as this coaster is, I don't see anything groundbreaking about it.
Once Cannibal opens it will take the Records for Tallest Coaster with the Steepest Beyond Vertical Drop in the World, Tallest Coaster in North America with the Steepest Beyond Vertical Drop, 3rd Steepest Coaster in the World, Tallest Vertical Elevator Lift on a Coaster, and a lot of other smaller things, and lets be honest, the last one is dumb, but heh. :)

I suppose it's ground breaking in the sense that, as far as I know at least, it's by far the biggest and most substantial 'in-house' coaster of the modern era.