• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Layout Geek League, 2015-16

DiogoJ42

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Metropolitan Line
Leaderboard:
Sammy: 63 points.
Rupert: 60 points.
DiogoJ42: 26 points.
Blizzard: 12 points.
Rob: 11 points.
CGM: 10 points.
Martin: 9 points.
John: 5 points.
tayspru: 5 points.
Projektion: 5 points.
RussellH: 2 points

It's closed season, and that can only mean one thing: After an absence last year, it's time for the return of the geekiest game on the forum!

Those of you new peeps who have not seen this before, click here to see how it went down last time I ran this game. Same rules as last time, so forgive the copy and paste...

Rules:

* No UK coasters allowed, they are too obvious.

* Unique layouts only. No clones or "off the shelf" models. Rides that have been demolished or are SBNO are allowed (provided accurate plans are available), but rides under construction or unbuilt concepts are a no-no.

* No drawing from memory. Drawings should be traced from aerial photos or actual blueprints. They don't have to be perfect, but the proportions should be as accurate as reasonably possible with MS Paint. (Other, better graphics software is available for free). A scribble of what you think a ride does is not good enough.

* Please avoid drawing freehand. Use the line tools to avoid that "scribble" look.

* Do not mark the station or anything else. Just a plain black line showing a plan view of the track.

* (Optional) For added difficulty, you may, if you want to, rotate your layout (so up is not necessarily north). This is not compulsory, but it will help make it harder to guess if you think it might be an easy one. If you do rotate it, do not tell people about it. DO NOT flip, or mirror the image.

* Clues: If no one can guess your coaster, you may give clues, but try to start with something vague. If we still need more clues, you may get progressively more obvious, up to a maximum of four clues (see below for scoring).

* If an entry is disqualified for any reason (such as not being unique), then the player in the lead gets to post a new entry.

Scoring

Once people have started earning points, I will edit this post to have a leaderboard.

* If you guess a coaster correctly with no clues, you score 5 points.

* If you guess correctly after clues have been given, you score one less point for each clue. (One clue = 4 points, two clues = 3 points, three clues = 2 points, four clues = 1 point.) Clues should be given when it's clear no one can get it, or more than one person asks for one, or after three days with no answer.

* If after four clues have been given, no one can guess the coaster, then the player who posted the layout has won. This player scores 5 points. If this happens, I will post a new layout for the next round.

Winning

The contest will close on the first day of Alton Towers' 2016 season (19th of March). The member with the most points on that date wins.

(Terms and conditions apply. Prize may or may not include an actual prize. Your arse may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments. One rear entry per team member. Your right to request lube is forfit. By taking part in this game you consent to buying the organiser a drink at the time of his choosing. Your image may be used in voodoo magic. The organiser's decision on who is hottest is final. Winning may not be possible due to wild bison. This does affect your basic human rights.)

Now that the boring stuff is out of the way, Let's get things rolling! Hopefully not too obscure, at least not by our standards:

Layout%20game%202015%2001_zpsipkfep19.jpg

Let the closed season geek-off begin! :p

(I did consider giving @John a handicap, by the way...)

Last edited:
D, the first day of Towers' 2016 season is March 19.

As for the layout, not a scooby doo.

Nowhere near geeky enough for this. I wouldn't recognise oblivion, no chance with foreign coaster.

Enjoy the knowledge that you are all sadder more knowledgeable than me :p

Looks like a standard Intamin standup layout. I'm going to say Cobra at LaRonde.
And we have our first five points! Your go, sir.
(When you say "standard layout", have I broken my own rule on unique layouts? I thought it was...)

Cobra is a standard layout but as it's the only example that's still intact and operating, it doesn't really matter. The only other example is in bits, rusting away in an overflow car park at Darien Lake.

Anyway, I have a feeling this one will be figured out pretty quickly:

Mystery%20Coaster%201-01_zpskgakcdpd.jpg

Cobra is a standard layout but as it's the only example that's still intact and operating, it doesn't really matter. The only other example is in bits, rusting away in an overflow car park at Darien Lake.

Anyway, I have a feeling this one will be figured out pretty quickly:

Mystery%20Coaster%201-01_zpskgakcdpd.jpg
Taron?

Well "oops" to that. Way to balls up my own competition! :p Oh well.

NOTE TO ALL: tripple check RCDB before deciding what coaster to draw!

As for yours, no idea mate.

Long shot, is it half of Space Mountain?

Scrap that, I'm going with Temple of the Nighthawk.

Woohoo! I have to ask, where on Earth did you find a plan of it?

Anyway, onwards we go. Again, shouldn't be too hard. No doubt the obscure asian backyard coasters will start coming out soon...

layout%20game%202015%2002_zpsxdan3tzx.jpg

Looks like a Picasso portrate of a horse to me.