• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legend of the Chained Oak film

I must admit, it's great to see such an independent film project still being produced especially after this long however, I am curious on how well the plot addition plus genre change will work and feel slightly doubtful that it'll be a seamless transition in expanding upon the legend we all know.

I have no doubts it'll be a high quality film though so I am looking forward to its release, whenever that may be.

As much as I'd love this to be a great film, I'm not sure it's going to be..

It had a showing at the Pugin Rooms in Cheadle back in May, but that's as far it's going to go I think.

I don't know if it's going to get a DVD release or be posted online, I hope it does as I wasn't able to go to the screenings.

I wonder whether it'd be possible to show it somewhere in the Towers. Could be quite atmospheric.

So whats happening with this, is there really going to be a "Hex: The Movie"?

It's been finished for a while, it had a screening a few months back, and is having another one in London (I think).

We're all hoping for a home release in some form or another.

:)

Dropped Dean an email regarding general release of the film and he replied with this:

Hi James,

Thanks for the email.

Dan & I will be discussing the next step, very soon, probably after we are shown at The Bram Stoker Festival in October.

I will keep your email and let you of any updates.

Kind Regards

Dean 'Midas' Maynard

Thought I would post this just for those who are interested in the film.

Fingers crossed they decide to release the film to view or pay for in the near future!

If I hear anything more I'll post in here. :)

I look forward to that. £500! If only I had (any) creative flare. I was dubious if we'd ever get to see this, so it's great to see this news :)

I've seen it and they have done an incredible job with such a small budget. Everyone should enjoy it.

Oh I'm glad we get to see it! :D

From the sounds of it they have done fantastically which such a small budget. It's such a great, creepy tale and I look forward to seeing it in this form. I shall look forward to 1st December for this and my advent calander. :p