• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Deutschland building €15.5m coaster

Wow, that's tiny - is that really all that €15.5m buys you these days?

Can't help but feel that what Merlin really wanted for that site was something like Tranan (do S&S even offer the free fly these days..?)

Wow, that's tiny - is that really all that €15.5m buys you these days?

Can't help but feel that what Merlin really wanted for that site was something like Tranan (do S&S even offer the free fly these days..?)

Be a typical Merlin price tag and include everything from hardware to the cleaning ladies cup of tea for the design office.

Honestly I can't help but be fascinated by the weirdness of this coaster and what Merlin/B&M are doing at the moment. This thing looks bizarre and I'm really interested to see how quickly (/slowly) it runs. It looks as though it could absolutely crawl through the corkscrew.

I still don't understand why people are so perplexed about the park offering a looping ride. Heide is 7, maybe 8 hours away. If you have an opportunity to widen the demographic of your visitor base, why wouldn't you ?

I’m genuine still stumped at the ride hardware choice for this and Chessingtons. If you look at the lift hill for instance it just look totally out of place.

Will be interesting to see the pace of this

It's all going to depend on the weight of the trains. If they've used the same Wingrider trains as on the main models they likley will lumber around the track. But if they've found a way to reduce them to a weight more in-line with other a family ride the elements could be quite fun.
Like how the smaller dive machines compensate with smaller, more manoverable trains.
How they can do that and still keep 2 seats on each side I'm unsure. Possibly as the ride isn't handling extreme forces a lighter body is possible.

I still don't understand why people are so perplexed about the park offering a looping ride. Heide is 7, maybe 8 hours away. If you have an opportunity to widen the demographic of your visitor base, why wouldn't you ?
I get what you mean about wanting to widen the demographic, but 2 inversions on a coaster of this size seems strange. It's not exactly a thrilling enough layout to get the older teens excited for it, although i'm sure it will be fun, and 2 inversions is more likely to put younger guests off it if they aren't already into big rides. The more I see of these wing coasters that Merlin are installing the more convinced I am that these are going to have axis style rotating seats.

Legoland Billund in Denmark has two inverting flat rides, although both are interactive and riders can decide if they want to go upside down or not. These wing coasters aren't the first inverting ride at a Legoland park.