• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Florida: Expansion

It's not really a ride, is it ? I can only think it's the old boat tours that used the 'canals' (as I think they were termed) in the gardens. Essentially boats, with a skipper - no ride system, per se.

Cypress-Gardens-FL-Throne-of-Citrus-Royalty.jpg

As I recall, they were pretty overgrown not long into the Legoland era.

I guess you could debate it either way. The Jungle Cruise is essentially boats with a skipper as well* and we call that a ride.

* Sure it has a track to, but isn't a canal basically a track with wiggle room?

Either way this was the attraction I was referring to. They are adding the Pirate sets to make it more of a ride but essentially it'll still be a tour through the gardens.

Sorry, wasn't splitting hairs. Was just trying to iron out it wasn't a "boat ride" in the realms of Fairytale Brook or similar.

Anything that brings a bit of attention to the gardens is welcome in my view.

Flying School, the park’s 2004 Vekoma SFC, is closing on 16th August according to numerous sources:

Interestingly, there have also been markings sighted around the ride since as early as April 2023, which leads me to believe that it is going in favour of some kind of imminent replacement.

I’ve heard rumblings online of a B&M family wing coaster within a Florida version of Lego Mythica, similar to the recently opened development at Legoland Deutschland, but I don’t know if those are rumours or just suggestions of something that might fit.

Flying School, the park’s 2004 Vekoma SFC, is closing on 16th August according to numerous sources:

Interestingly, there have also been markings sighted around the ride since as early as April 2023, which leads me to believe that it is going in favour of some kind of imminent replacement.

I’ve heard rumblings online of a B&M family wing coaster within a Florida version of Lego Mythica, similar to the recently opened development at Legoland Deutschland, but I don’t know if those are rumours or just suggestions of something that might fit.

That's interesting. I haven't heard about this before.