• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Florida: Expansion

I'll reserve my judgement until it's finished, but there is a danger that this will end up being neither one thing nor the other. The indoor Star Wars mini land at Legoland Windsor had some cool lighting effects, and was actually a decent attraction, even though I'm not personally into Star Wars. But it doesn't look like this'll be properly indoors. On the other hand, it won't feel outdoors either. I understand that Florida gets quite sunny, but I spent 18 months living there, and I didn't find it an issue, as long as you slapped on some sun cream.

Florida does get quite a lot of rainfall, so it'll help in that respect.

The expansion to Legoland Florida is apparently going to be “the world’s first Peppa Pig theme park”:

Interesting! I wonder what this will have within it...

I don't get what this has got to do with Lego. I get they're aimed at the same target market but surely the whole point of visiting Legoland is to be surrounded by Lego?

I could understand it going somewhere like Alton Towers with their mish-mash of IPs or Gardaland, but not a Legoland Resort.

What does it matter if it has nothing to do with Lego? Land is land. Two theme parks in one place, why not...

@Tim called it.

What does it matter if it has nothing to do with Lego? Land is land. Two theme parks in one place, why not...

@Tim called it.

Disneyland is 'land', that doesn't mean you stick Peppa Pig next door. It's still Legoland Resort which means it would all have something to do with it.

@Tim called it.
Ha, why am I not surprised. I thought some of those rides looked suspiciously like those at the other PP Worlds.

I'm not happy that I called it. I actually have an invested interest in Legoland Florida building more Lego based attractions.

But from Merlin's perspective adding other brands that will convince the same target market to stay longer is an understandable move.

Disneyland is 'land', that doesn't mean you stick Peppa Pig next door. It's still Legoland Resort which means it would all have something to do with it.
I think Rick's post has a hint of sarcasm. But It's funny you mention Disney because this is exactly the type of corporate synergy Disney love!

Last edited:
Land as in, actual land. If you have a number of acres in Florida, with an IP that is a real opportunity to make money, it seems like a pretty sensible approach to me. Not only that, with Winter Haven being a bit of a slog out of Orlando, it creates more of a destination in a way that adding stuff to Legoland will not.

That patch of land (actual land) is named Legoland Resort for now, but it can be whatever they want it to be. It's a fairly arbitrary title. Legoland Resort can be used as a title for Legoland and the water park, with this attraction co-located. It's a retail park with theme parks instead of shops.

It’s just a bit, weird and out of left field.
You think? It's very Merlin. It's essentially an expansion of the midway cluster strategy that they have been running with for 15 years or more.

Land as in, actual land. If you have a number of acres in Florida, with an IP that is a real opportunity to make money, it seems like a pretty sensible approach to me. Not only that, with Winter Haven being a bit of a slog out of Orlando, it creates more of a destination in a way that adding stuff to Legoland will not.

That patch of land (actual land) is named Legoland Resort for now, but it can be whatever they want it to be. It's a fairly arbitrary title. Legoland Resort can be used as a title for Legoland and the water park, with this attraction co-located. It's a retail park with theme parks instead of shops.

You think? It's very Merlin. It's essentially an expansion of the midway cluster strategy that they have been running with for 15 years or more.
Sorry I get what you're saying now. I still think it's a strange move on the whole. Some other Lego attraction yes, but a park not themed to Lego I have to disagree on. To me Lego isn't a brand you need to 'mess' with. It's one of the biggest brands in the world and a Resort themed to it should be just that.

I'm not opposed as such to them building a Peppa Pig Park, even next to Legoland, but I don't think it should be included as part of the Legoland Resort, I think it should stand next to it completely separately.

Last edited:
It’s hard to know where things are heading for Merlin, although I guess that’s true for most of the industry, given that we’re in a pandemic. There have been some positive signs, with more operating days, longer opening hours and new events. But this looks very cheap and uninspiring.

Lego got a Peppa pig collection and my daughter got lots of it which is in the loft for my son to play with when his older.
But if there’s a big market over there and Merlin cant do anything in the uk they got to start making the money back they paid for the rights.

This isn't the first time a midway scale attraction has been added to a Legoland park. Back when Merlin first took over they started adding Sea Life Centers with entrances both inside and outside the park. Atlantis was intended to be the same but for multiple reasons Windsor opted to turn it into a unique ride experience instead. Due to its popularity as a ride the newer parks opted for Windsors version rather than a stand alone Sea-Life Centre.

But the idea never went away. Windsor have have publicly announced there intention to open a second gate midway attraction near the park entrance multiple times. They've simply not been able to find another match like Sea Life that serves the same age demographic. If Merlin had the UK rights to PP I'm sure it would have already been built here.

I can't believe there's a market for this tosh with so many world class parks/resorts further up the road.

I could be totally wrong here and have never actually checked, but I'm guessing it is a fair bit cheaper than the likes of Disney and Universal?

There are of course lots of different ticket options. 1 day, 2 days, Lego only, Lego plus waterpark etc.

But the basic on the gate 1 day ticket for Legoland Florida is $99.99 versus around $120 for Magic Kingdom or $109 for either US or IOA.