• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

djtruefitt said:
Well that one seemed to slip through! Windsor actually getting a "thrill" ride!

At first I thought it looked very good looking at the plans, then I notice one whole side is themed in Merlin style AKA run down, tatty, left to rot, boarded up, scaffolding, CHEAP, etc. Does anyone know if the other one is themed the same, or is this just a lazy UK approach?

There isn't much available on the Billund one - not even a proper video.

This one is a overflow queuing area, so hopefully, won't get used much. It will be visible on the train though - the planners might pick up on that one.

I would imagine it was seen as too costly to continue the house all the way round, especially with the extra height at the back meaning the height would probably need to be maintained around the whole building. They may also not have wanted to make it too tall - they always seem to be covering height in their planning.

Although I haven't been able to find much on Billunds version the main improvement seems to be the queue. At Billunds there is simply a concrete cattle pen at the front, here we have something that by Merlins standards looks quite good (especially as the cattle pen extension is hidden away when unused).

Then there's also the metal warehouse on the back... I'll be honest it doesn't bother me as much as it should. Although it looks like Merlin at there worst again it could actually work with the rides theme of a mad scientists lab at the back of the spooky house. That is if they execute it to the plans or just leave it an un-themed shed. At least though they have planned to plant trees around it if it does turn out to be an eye-sore.

Overall I think it looks promising :)

I would think that in Bilund they have managed to hide the back of the building better, similar to the way you don't really see the giant warehouse behind duel, only the Haunted House front. As in Billund it is next to another ride with a rocky exterior. As the train will go all the way around the Windsor version then you will be able to see the whole building so they have to do something to make sure it isn't completly unthemed.

The Lego Haunted House style exterior of Ghost in Billund does look good but the queue at the front looks awful! Some pictures of is here http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/6882-2014-neuheit-ghost-haunted-house-legoland-billund-daenemark-2.html

Wow, this actually looks pretty good. I've only ever been to Legoland once and have no burning desire to return so this will put a nice change to that. By Merlin standards the queue, bar the overflow section, looks really good as well!

:)

Do Merlin have shares in ABC?

They're single handedly keeping them in business.

A toned-down children's Sub-Standard?

I don't think it would be physically possible for me to be less interested in this. When will Legoland build something good?

Ironically, the drop will be 4 metres higher than that of Sub-Terra and original Extremis.

I wonder if the drop will be freefall or braked somewhat? A 10 metre freefall drop seems relatively extreme for Legoland.

Sam said:

I don't think it would be physically possible for me to be less interested in this. When will Legoland build something good?

Legoland won't build anything more thrilling than this. It's not that sort of park. Ghost looks like a great addition, thrilling enough for older children so fits in perfect with their current range of rides.

They do really need to look closer at Miniland though, it still needs a lot more TLC to bring it to standard.

Wow, for Legoland's standards, this looks like a very good addition! Fingers crossed it turns out better than Sub-Terra!

I adore it!

Hope it has a high throughput. Everything since the shambolic Laser Raiders seems to have a good throughput and it's definitely essential to have something decent!

Ah this is such good news! From the reviews guests have been loving the version at the other Legoland! (forgot which it was). I just hope they do it little more work to the facade as the other looks a bit bland. Looking forward to seeing what happens next! ;D

Sam said:

Your not Lego's target audience.

As for the drop height in comparison to Sub Terra, I looked through the documents and it seems to mention 8m which is the height of the towers on ST, but obviously you have to deduct the height of the gondola to get the actual drop length so for ST it's about 6m I think. So is the quoted 8m the drop height or the tower height?

So it's either the same as ST or 2m taller.

All this has done is make me want to get on the boating school and do the area that will no longer be accessible.

Also, in a rare for Legoland example, this ride doesn't appear to get you wet!

MattyH said:
All this has done is make me want to get on the boating school and do the area that will no longer be accessible.

Also, in a rare for Legoland example, this ride doesn't appear to get you wet!

What's changing about the boating school?
All I can see is the path is moving to next to boating school, the boat route itself doesn't seem to change at all

This looks to be a great ride, the exterior of the one in billund looks amazing, and for Legoland to get drop towers is a great idea!

From my interpretations of the plans the channel will be thinner after the 180 degree turn.

There are a few videos of Ghost dotted around on the internet...

It looks like the ride portion bounces, akin to Mystery Castle... And it in general looks quite good...

Certainly a good enough addition to Legoland it must be said... Now they just need to bring in a better version of Polar X-Plorer...

One problem, where? Legolands main problem would now appear to be where new rides go.

There are a few other pockets of land they could use but it would be very difficult to fit a new rollercoaster into Legoland Windsor, its not a huge site. There is a little space at the bottom of miniland and this could be well used if the fire engine ride is removed too. A coaster can't go on the side of the park where the main driveway road is (this was the issue with jungle coaster, too close to housing). The only option for coaster would be to go next to Dragon really

Benzin said:
There are a few videos of Ghost dotted around on the internet...

It looks like the ride portion bounces, akin to Mystery Castle... And it in general looks quite good...

Certainly a good enough addition to Legoland it must be said... Now they just need to bring in a better version of Polar X-Plorer...

Link? I've been struggling...

The whole Legoland, add something at one park and port to the others thing seems to at least be producing relatively decent additions?